My mother always said this, even when I was a small boy in pampers: “Don’t stare at other people; it could get you killed.”
But of course, I didn’t listen, because I’m a cool kid, and cool kids don’t listen to their mothers.
After getting a hold of this piece of news, however, I’ve made a decision. Sorry, Mum, I will listen to you forever and always.
Man stomped on because of an apparent ‘staring incident’
On 11 October, at around 3 a.m., a man had assaulted a fallen victim by repeatedly stomping him in the head.
The entire incident which had transpired at Golden Mile Complex was captured on camera.
It was eventually uploaded to popular citizen journalist site, Stomp.
In the footage, a man can be seen kicking a fallen victim’s face. It’s uncertain how the victim was floored in the first place.
The assaulter then approaches another man in black, believed to be the victim’s friend, and lands a punch on him.
He then returned to the victim and delivered a few more kicks, before walking away.
According to the Singapore Civil Defence Force, the victim was subsequently taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital by ambulance. He was in a conscious state and is reported to have attained severe facial injuries.
How did it happen?
To the Straits Times‘ understanding, the suspect had been there for supper with a friend. The fight had broken out right outside a toilet, after a staring incident.
Both men were believed to have been drunk.
The suspect has since been arrested
The Police have released a statement, declaring that they apprehended a 22-year-old Singaporean male suspect on the night of Oct 14. The incident has been classified as voluntarily causing grievous hurt, and he will be charged today (16 October 2017).
The 25-year-old victim, on the other hand, has since been discharged from the hospital.
Netizens were up in arms against the attack
The uploaded video, apart from garnering quite a fair bit of shares and angry emojis, also generated a couple of ire-filled comments.
I can’t help but wonder about the bystanders, however.
I’m aware that a drunk man is like a horny lion: he will stop at nothing to get what he wants.
But he’s only one man. Surely numbers would work against him?
Just my two cents worth.
So folks, remember not to stare at others.
Or you might just be…
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Everything You Need To Know About The Sporean Hostess Who Got Her Eyeball Popped In A Fight In 2015
- Fight of the Century is Off: Sylvester Sim Pulls Out for Reasons We Just Can’t Understand
- Steven Lim’s Fight: 11 Facts About the AFC Match That Resulted in a Tragedy
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: Lianhe Zaobao
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024