Getting impatient with your driving tests?
Well, don’t be – every once in awhile we’re reminded of the importance of road safety.
Even off the roads, in the carparks, it’s equally important as well.
Lorry crashes into carpark railing, driver fell five floors
An accident involving a lorry took the life of one man on Saturday (22 Oct).
The fatal accident occurred in a multi-storey carpark located in an industrial building named Woodlands Spectrum at 2 Woodlands Sector 1.
But how exactly did it happen?
Why Bird Paradise Suddenly Became Singapore’s Yishun:
Shortly after midnight, at 12:30am on Saturday, the deceased was driving a lorry on the fifth floor of the multi-storey carpark.
From the tyre marks at the scene, the driver had reached a T-junction and intended to make a right-turn.
Instead, he lost control of the vehicle.
The lorry went straight ahead instead, crashing into the railing on the side wall.
The driver, unfortunately, was flung out of the lorry through the windshield, and over the ledge.
He then fell five storeys down to his death.
The deceased’s body was found on the ground floor, directly beneath the site of the crash site.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
That afternoon, debris could still be seen at the crash site on the fifth floor, such as mirror fragments from the lorry.
There were also scratch marks on the railing.
On the ground floor near where the man landed, there were also offerings to the deceased.
20-year-old driver passed away, 3 passengers injured
The 20-year-old driver had unfortunately passed away at the scene.
The deceased was a Singaporean who worked at a nearby metal processing factory.
Three other men, aged between 28 and 32, were passengers in the vehicle.
Fortunately, all were sent conscious to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.
The front-seat passenger was trapped in the lorry and had to be freed using hydraulic equipment.
All three passengers were migrant workers.
After preliminary investigations, the police have ruled out homicide as a possibility.
- Both ‘Tutor’ & Student Caught on Camera Crying During a Maths Tuition Session
- 56YO Woman, Who’s a Grandma of 3, Marrying Her 19YO Boyfriend
- Bodies of Mother & Son, 92 & 70, Found in a Tampines HDB Unit
- Ong Ye Kung: XBB Wave May Peak Even Earlier Than Expected
- S’pore Actress Jayley Woo is Six Months Pregnant & Will Be Getting Married in Dec
Featured Image: Facebook (Shin Min Daily News)
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”