If you’re a national serviceman (NSman) who is eligible for the NS55 Recognition Package, you might find yourself being $100 richer the next time you do a grocery run at Sheng Siong.
How Do You Know if You’re Eligible?
To commemorate the 55th year of National Service, the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) and the Ministry of Home Affairs are giving out $100 worth of credits to eligible NSmen, both past and present.
For those who are eligible, you should have received a hardcopy letter around mid-June, plus an SMS notification once the credits have been disbursed.
The credits can be spent at any merchant that accepts payment by “Scan and Pay” via PayNow UEN or Nets QR codes.
You can click here to view the long list of merchants that accept such modes of payments, ranging from F&B outlets to e-commerce platforms like Shopee and Amazon.
Trick to Withdrawing the Money
According to the Tiktok user @kpherluke, this is how you can redeem the credits as cash at Sheng Siong’s Simple Teller Machine ($TM):
- Download the LifeSG application
- Go to the “Benefits and Support’ page
- Select the “Scan and Pay” option
- Click the PayNow option available on the teller machine
- Scan the QR code at the $TM
- Key in $90 as the preferred amount
Viola! You have withdrawn the money.
This can only be done at $TM service at Sheng Siong 🙌🏻
It might seem too good to be true, but many Tik Tok users have verified that they managed to withdraw the money and it definitely isn’t a hoax.
Note: It’s important that you withdraw $90 rather than the full $100, as every PayNow transaction comes with a 20-cent convenience fee.
If you chose the $100 option, you’d have a 20-cent deficit that you wouldn’t be able to pay.
Next, be patient with the teller machine as the machine might be prone to lagging and slow to respond after the QR code is scanned.
For a list of Sheng Siong supermarkets that have teller machines, you can check out the locations here.
Hope you enjoy your trip to the grocer’s! Treat yourself with something nice!
- All Saizeriya Outlets Have Reopened Their Free-Flow Drink Bars But You Need a New Cup for Each Refill
- Shanmugam Responds to CNA Documentary About Prison Conditions in S’pore
- Even Prices of Hell Money Are Set to Raise by 20% Due to Rising Shipping Costs
- Atome SG Has Distanced Itself from Jeff Ng After Abuse Allegations Surfaced
Featured Image: TikTok (@kpherluke)
A new virus has been identified in China, and it’s infected 35 people. Would it be the next COVID-19? Watch this and you’d know: