Another day another slay.
Singaporean actress Hong Huifang has been nominated for Best Leading Actress at the prestigious Golden Horse Awards for her role in the upcoming Singapore-Korea film, Ahjoomma.
This will be the 61-year-old’s first nomination at the awards and she’s not going to brag.
In fact, despite winning multiple awards over the past few years, the local star is still humble and appreciative of every step.
The actress will be up against Taiwanese actresses Sylvia Chang (A Light Never Goes Out), Tsai Hsuan-yen (Incantation), Hong Kong model-actress Angela Yuen (The Narrow Road) and Chinese actress Cya Liu (Limbo).
The awards ceremony will take place on 19 November.
Singapore-Korean Co-Production Ahjoomma
This isn’t the first time Singaporean actors appear in K-dramas. In fact, a few scenes in Little Women were shot in Singapore.
But Ahjoomma will be following a Singaporean lead throughout the whole film.
Directed by He Shuming, the Korean and Mandarin-language film tells the story of a Singaporean housewife who’s obsessed with Korean drama. She then takes her first trip overseas to Seoul and embarks on a journey of self-discovery after getting lost.
The film will also be He’s first feature directorial debut and the local filmmaker has also been nominated at the Golden Horse Awards for Best New Director.
Ahjoomma will star a few named actors including Hong Huifang, Jung Dong-Hwan, Kang Hyung Suk and Shane Pow.
To date, the movie has a total of four nominations at the Golden Horse Awards: Best Supporting Actor (Jung Dong-Hwan), Best Original Screenplay (He Shuming, Kris Ong), Best New Director (He Shuming), and Best Leading Actress (Hong Huifang).
You can catch the film in cinemas from 27 October 2022.
- 86YO Woman Vomited & Died in Bukit Merah Flat After Eating Instant Noodles
- Pasir Ris Chalet Claims Guest Who Posted Video on TikTok Had Initially Threatened Them
- New Saga Emerges from Popular Zichar Stall Run by Mandarin-Speaking Indian Cook
- Nanny Reportedly Takes Care of So Many Kids, She Gets Her FDW & Husband to Help
- Some Swensen’s Outlets Having Hawker Dishes Like Nasi Lemak & Laksa
- Jackson Wang Holding a Solo Concert in Singapore on 23 December
Feature Image: Youtube (GV Pictures)
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant