Singapore is always muggy, and it only makes sense to take a cold shower.
But there is nothing like taking a hot shower to relax those muscles, especially after slogging it out in the office.
And in the immortal words of Jack Dawson:
I don’t know how every single household operates but at my home, we use the storage water heater and it is mounted on the corner of the toilet.
Sometimes my thoughts run wild, and I imagine it crashing down and exploding or electrocuting me to death.
Just like the untimely deaths on Final Destination.
So when I heard this story, it made my paranoia worse.
According to The New Paper, SCDF got a call at 5.10 pm on Sep 30.
A storage water heater at one of the fifth-floor units in Cote D’Azur—located in Marine Parade—ruptured which caused the breaking of glass doors and windows.
Resident Ms Zheng, told Zaobao that she was shocked when she heard the loud sound, and went over and knocked the door but no one answered. She then swiftly informed the security officer.
According to one of the staff in the condo, the owner (father) stepped out of the toilet when the rupture happened, and the impact was so strong, it threw him onto the bed.
They have yet to find a plausible explanation as to why the heater exploded but luckily, there were no reported injuries.
The affected family of 3—South Korean mother, Australian father and the two-year-old daughter— moved to a nearby hotel, while their apartment is being refurbished.
I think one of the reasons for the rupture could be because they did not turn off the water heater. I have done it a couple of times, especially at night, so I can get a steady flow of hot water in the morning without having to wait (not advisable).
Moral of the story: Off the water when not in use.
I don’t know about you, but I will be having a quick shower from now (save water also).
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Student Kicked Teacher ‘Coz He Told Him Not to Use His Phone; Footage Went Viral Immediately
- Reports of iPhone 8 Plus Splitting Open is Like Déjà vu of iPhone 6 Bending
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Feature Image: Shin Min Daily News
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use