The era of PCR tests before flights may end for Japan, as they are considering allowing more than double the number of tourists without the need for testing.
Difficult to Attract Tourists with Stringent Requirements
Currently, if you want to visit Japan, you’d have to submit a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure. There are also mandatory mask-wearing, temperature checks, and limited free movement, with a limit of 20,000 tourists daily.
Given all of these stringent requirements, Japan has faced some difficulty attracting tourists. The airline, hospitality and retail sectors only earned about 120 billion yen from tourists in 2021, as compared to 4.8 trillion yen in 2019.
That might change soon.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
More Than Double the Number of Tourists, Scrap Tests
According to Nikkei broadcaster FNN, the daily limit on tourists will be raised from 20,000 to 50,000 next month. The Government is also reportedly going to gradually remove testing requirements, and may start by exempting fully vaccinated people from PCR tests.
When asked to confirm this, Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirokazu Matsuno declined to comment on the timing of any border easing, as it would depend on COVID-19 situations in Japan and globally.
He told reporters that Japan will carefully consider how to balance the promotion of economic activity and preventing contagion. Currently, Japan reports over 200k new cases daily.
List of Accusations Made Against the 2 Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road:
Hopefully, these restrictions will relax just in time for our new passports to be ready.
- Taxi Driver Dropped Pregnant Woman at Toa Payoh Instead of Her Destination As He Wanted to Go Home
- Confirmed: Najib Going to Jail for 12 Years After Failing in His Final Appeal
- Hugh Harrison, Composer of “Count on Me, Singapore” Injured After Watching NDP Live in Canada
- 27 People Investigated for Weird Illustrations in Chinese Primary School Math Textbooks
- Woman Quits Job After Only 1 Out of 70 Colleagues Attended Her Wedding Dinner
- Everything to Know About Section 377A, The Unenforced Law That’ll be Removed Soon
Featured Image: Phattana Stock / Shutterstock.com
- SUTD Launching Free 3-Year Programming Course With No Teachers & No Classes
- McDonald’s Launching Coconut-Flavoured Soft-Serve Ice Cream on 29 May; Will Be Giving Out 500 Free Cones
- Everything About Renting a Colonial House in Singapore, Simplified for You
- Netizens Reportedly Unhappy With Newly-Revealed NDP Song Because It’s Too “Megachurch-y”
- honestbee Saga Hasn’t Ended As It Still Owes Money to Ex-Employees & Vendors
- Here Are The “Outrageous” Accusations Made Against Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee