Khaironi Salleh, affectionately known as “Roni” by those who loved him dearly, passed away on 19 June.
One of his better-known roles over the course of his acting career is the petrol kiosk staff Ali in the popular Mediacorp sitcom Don’t Worry Be Happy, which had a host of iconic characters whom the older generation remembers with fondness.
News of Roni’s passing was broken two days ago, when Channel 8 news anchor Evelyn Lam published a tribute on Facebook in memory of her old colleague.
Ms Lam wrote in Mandarin: “I’ve lost a comrade today. It is heartbreaking. He taught me how to live my life, how I must “daringly be a happy person without worrying”, his life was the same. Wherever he was, there was always the sound of laughter. Roni, farewell and rest in peace.”
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Don’t Worry Be Happy was a sitcom that ran from 1996 to 2002, with other artists like Chew Chor Meng, Quan Yifeng, and May Phua.
Although Roni eventually stepped out of the spotlight, he continued to work in the media industry as a senior cameraman, working behind-the-scenes with Mediacorp for 37 years.
He has also worked across different editorial teams, and has spent more than a decade at the CNA Bureau in Indonesia.
It is evident that Roni has positively impacted the lives of many colleagues, as they took their own social media pages and Evelyn’s comment section to reminisce about the man they had known.
Just two months ago, another Don’t Worry Be Happy cast member, actor Mak Ho Wai who played ‘Lao Hero’ also passed away in Singapore at 76.
According to the Hong Kong media, his cause of death was either a heart attack or leukaemia.
You will be missed dearly.
- Former M’sia PM Mahathir Says M’sia Should Claim Back S’pore Coz S’pore ‘Was Once Owned by Johor’
- Titus Low Called Straits Times a ‘Boomer’ After a Prank That Says His Marriage is a Prank
- Vincent Ng Returns to Acting & Will Star Along Another Six-Pack Bufflord, Zheng Geping
- Everything About the Government’s Proposal to Disable Certain Harmful Online Contents
Featured Images: Mewatch
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia