More Kinder chocolate products are suspected to give people a very different and nasty surprise after eating them.
Three more types of Kinder chocolate products are being recalled again, over concerns of salmonella contamination.
Yep, you read that correctly.
On 4 April, news spread that Italian confectionery group Ferrero was recalling the Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs, which contain small collectable toys. After the eggs were found to have a link to dozens of salmonella cases, the company recalled the product in several European countries.
And no, salmonella has nothing to do with salmon. Consuming something contaminated with salmonella can cause food-borne illnesses like fever, abdominal cramps, and diarrhoea.
The Singapore Food Agency (SFA) has since told importer RedMart to recall the Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs on 6 April. The affected products have a best before date of between 11 July to 7 October 2022.
Now, it seems like there are even more products affected by salmonella contamination.
Why Bird Paradise Suddenly Became Singapore’s Yishun:
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Kinder Mini Eggs, Egg Hunt Kit and Surprise Maxi Recalled
In an update on 8 April, SFA said it has extended the product recall to three more Kinder products:
- Kinder Mini Eggs (75g), best before 20 April to 21 August 2022
- Kinder Egg Hunt Kit (150g), best before 20 April to 21 August 2022
- Kinder Surprise Maxi (100g), best before 11 July to 21 August 2022, and 23 August to 13 September 2022
All affected products were made in Belgium.
SFA said it has instructed importers RedMart and Le Petit Depot to recall the products. If you bought any of the affected products, you’re discouraged from eating them.
Or, if you already ate them, you might want to go seek medical advice, just to make sure what you ate wasn’t contaminated. Affected consumers may contact the importers for other inquiries.
- Coach Services from S’pore to Places Like Penang, KL or Genting Are Now Available Again
- Everything You Need to Know About SERS Projects in S’pore
- Food Delivery Rider Claims to Earn $8,511 in March 2022 by Working Every Day
- Roof in ITE College Central Damaged Again, This Time Causing 2 Injuries
Featured Image: Singapore Food Agency
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”