Just last month, Singaporeans experienced an epidemic of sorts—okay, I might be exaggerating but what can I say I have a flair for the theatrics.
On 3 Nov, WhatsApp had a glitch and people were freaking the **** out, especially in the office.
My boss was swinging his phone around in hopes to “catch” some 4G connection, my colleague was restarting his phone countless times and I was sending SOS FB messages to my friends to check if our Friday night plans are still on.
Yeah, the office was in utter chaos until the service was back up 45 minutes later.
Never ever would I want to experience something like that.
But in life, you have to be prepared for the worst.
On 30 Nov, WhatsApp mentioned that users around the world had been unable to access their service for a short period of time, The Straits Times reported.
According to The Independent UK, the issue started around 6 P.M. GMT (2 A.M. local time)
Users from Europe, South America, the Middle East and Asia were affected.
The last time I checked, Singapore is part of Asia!
Oops, Singaporeans were affected (again)!
I guess I didn’t notice the glitch since I was soundly asleep at 2 A.M.
But apparently, Singaporeans were having trouble sending messages from 10:15 A.M., The Straits Times reported.
I didn’t notice it either, ‘coz you know I was busy doing work—the thing you’re supposed to do when you’re in the office.
Let’s take a look at downdetector.sg
As you can tell from the graph, there were two peaks—1622 reports of problem around 3 A.M. and 540 reports of problem at 10:00 A.M.
Judging from the comments, it looks like people from all parts of Singapore were affected—Jurong, MacPherson, One-north, Thomson, Yishun (not surprised), MBS and Bukit Batok (our home!)
As of writing time, WhatsApp is up and running.
My heart can’t take anymore scares.
Whatsapp also said: “WhatsApp users around the world are unable to access the service. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to fix the issue as soon as possible.”
Maybe it is because of all the cool upgrades?
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- You Can Watch YouTube Videos in Your WhatsApp App. So What’s the Deal?
- Soon, You Might be Able to Use WhatsApp on Your Tablet. Like, Finally
- Downloading WhatsApp? Make Sure It’s Not the Fake One
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: mirtmir / shutterstock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death