While many of us might be frightened out of our wits if we witnessed a car accident happen before our very eyes, some people might react in the exact opposite manner.
Recently on Saturday (30 April), a group of migrant workers and motorists were hailed as heroes after they were seen helping to rescue a woman who was trapped in her car after it overturned in Chinatown.
Based on reports by Shin Min Daily News, a car overturned at Chinatown near Upper Cross Street, and the driver ended up being trapped inside her car.
The incident occurred at approximately 10.30pm on Saturday (30 April).
The cause of the accident is still unknown.
When the accident took place, a lorry that was carrying migrant workers happened to pass by the scene.
The lorry driver instantly stopped driving and pulled over, and the workers on the lorry also got off to offer their assistance.
Together with other motorists and road users, they were able to flip the car back over into an upright position and managed to rescue the driver afterwards.
According to AsiaOne, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) later confirmed that the incident did indeed happen, and was called to the scene to examine the driver.
The female driver was assessed to have minor injuries, but did not want to be sent to the hospital.
As for the damages done to the car, photographs of the incident revealed that the car door and body were damaged on the driver’s side. The car also seemed to have a cracked side window as well.
Upon seeing how the migrant workers and motorists sprung right into action after witnessing the accident, many netizens expressed their admiration and praise for them.
Many pointed out how those who helped were extremely selfless, and said that they had earned the respect of Singaporeans.
On the other hand, other netizens also mentioned that trying to flip the car back into its upright position could have possibly caused even more severe injuries.
There were also netizens who asked how did the accident even occur.
- S’pore Looking at Petition System That Guarantees a Ministry’s Response Should It Hit 10,000 Signatures
- Friends Sue Over Assets of Man Who Was Stabbed to Death by Father-in-Law
- ‘Blessing Booth’ at Woodlands HDB Corridor Has to be Downsized or Town Council Will Remove It
- Person Driving M’sian Car Allegedly Scratched a S’pore Car Repeatedly Due to Parking Dispute
- Former TVB Actress Reveals in YouTube Video That She Was Bullied While Filming
Featured Image: Shin Min Daily News
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue