Uncle Raymond has been making waves, from dancing outside MRT stations to dancing at polytechnics and even getting an award at the National Day Parade Appreciation Function.
He’s been gathering crowds from left and right to dance on TikTok to a song called “A Century of Loneliness” by Faye Wong.
Nowadays, there’s also a new trend about Uncle Raymond.
The idea is to film anything bald or round while using a new audio. And that’s all.
Why film bald people? Because of Uncle Raymond’s signature style—his bald hair cut and a red striped polo top.
It’s so viral that even Nicole Seah, a member of the Worker’s Party, has caught on.
Seah uploaded a video on Sunday (28 August) and featured her election agent, Edward. Yes, he was bald.
The audio’s lyrics were, “Eh musibot Uncle Raymond sio,” followed by a string of random words in the tune of “A Century of Loneliness”.
Seah’s video has since garnered over 71,000 views and 2,568 likes.
Netizens also rushed to the comments to support Seah, with some hoping for her to get elected in the upcoming General Election.
Who is Uncle Raymond?
So who is this guy who made a member of the opposition Worker’s Party film a TikTok in reference to him?
Almost always sporting a red polo tee and bald hair cut, Uncle Raymond or Raymond Lin is a tall male in his 50s.
His TikTok career took off when a video of himself dancing at a traffic junction in Ang Mo Kio went viral.
From then on, he has been making videos to that very same dance and while some may find it repetitive, most love it.
His videos used to hit above 10,000 but now, most of his TikToks are only receiving half the attention of what he once had.
Then again trends are trends, they come and go but Uncle Raymond might be here to stay as he’s also been making new dances to other audios.
But at the end of the day, Uncle Raymond seems like a grateful man and captions most of his videos with, “Thanks for meeting. Be happy. Let’s move.”
A Weird Spin-Off Trend from Uncle Raymond
While the popularity of Uncle Raymond is fading off, the spinoff trend that Seah did is gaining traction.
The filming bald people with the audio now has over 5,000 videos, with many people using the bald filter effect since it’s easier to find someone without masks than someone bald.
- Man Who Promised to Buy 100 Packs of Super Ring if Najib Goes to Jail has Fulfilled His Promise
- LTA Encourages Taxi / PHV Drivers & Passengers to Wear Masks Even When It’s Optional
- Ah Girls Go Army Actor’s Bak Chor Mee Stall Has Closed After Just Opening for 3 Months
- There’s Now a Uncle Raymond TikTok Filter & Everyone is Having Fun With It
Featured Image: TikTok (@nicoleseah.sg)
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use