Ofo bikes have been in the headlines for all the wrong reason—so much so that they’ve decided to tighten their regulations to prevent more abuse.
But nothing came close to this. A guy has just decided to take it to a whole new (dangerous) level by tossing the bike from the top of an HDB flat…and having the entire process filmed as well.
So…what really happened? Here are seven facts that you might be interested in, because it’s #yetanotherofonews
When the video first got its views
While no one knows who first posted the video, it’s speculated that before it went “hot” in Facebook, it apparently was circulated in WhatsApp. A Reddit user then uploaded it into Vimeo.
When it got viral
However, it only got viral when it was uploaded to the All Singapore Stuff Facebook page, garnering more than 9K Shares and well over 221K views in less than 5 hours.
Given the traction it has so far, I won’t be surprised that it’s going to be yet another 1-million-view video. Seems apt that this morning, it’s reported that the culprits in another video that has got this amount of views, the infamous Toa Payoh couple bullying a an elderly, have just been charged.
What is it
If you’ve just watched the video without the sound on, you might have missed out an important point. In the background, someone was saying, “This is not my m*****f****** fault. I swear to God—”
It’s unclear whether it’s the voice of the video taker or someone else.
When it happened
According to The Straits Times, residents heard a loud sound at around midnight this morning (15 June 2017). That must have woken up many people!
Where it happened
The “crime scene” is in Blk 116B, along Jalan Tenteram in Whampoa. The relatively new BTO flat, which started its sale in 2012, is near to Toa Payoh.
According to The New Paper, it’s believed to be thrown from the 30th level.
What happened to the bike
It didn’t land on the ground floor – instead, it landed and got struck on the ledge of one of the lower floors. No one was hurt (thank God it was midnight!)
How ofo responded
Ofo has since made a police report, and investigations are ongoing. After all, this time, it isn’t just a case of simple vandalism or inconsideration: this is a killer litter and a deliberate act.
The spokesman for the bike-sharing firm told The Straits Times that they’re now working with the authorities to investigate the incident, because this is “something that goes beyond vandalism and poses a threat to the safety of everyone around”.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
- 8 New Facts About The ACS Kid’s Parents Suing Principal Case That’ll Make You Cheer
- HK Actress Staged an FB Live Robbery & Kana Slammed Upside Down
Feature Image: Facebook (All Singapore Stuff)
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast