Even if you’re not on TikTok, it’s probably impossible for anyone in Singapore to not know about Uncle Raymond (@raymondl88 on TikTok) and his TikToks.
Armed with a DJ remix of Hong Kong singer Faye Wong’s Centuries in Solitude and his unforgettable dance moves, everyone’s beloved “Uncle Raymond” has taken the local TikTok scene by storm over the last few months.
In his videos, he is seen dancing to the same routine with dozens (or so,etimes, hundreds) of people a day at various locations, and it’s not an exaggeration to say that he’s probably danced from Pasir Ris all the way to Tuas.
His videos have since attracted the attention of many Singaporeans who even go down to his location and try and meet him, and his popularity is evident as well from the 48,600 followers he has on TikTok.
Uncle Raymond is also well known for his “Thanks for meeting. Be happy. Let’s Move.” captions, which have also become an essential part of his branding.
And it seems like everyday Singaporeans like you and me aren’t the only ones who’ve been captivated by this man’s presence.
Uncle Raymond Collaborated With Health Minister Ong Ye Kung for Iconic TikTok Dance
Just yesterday (9 June) morning, Minister of Health Ong Ye Kung uploaded a TikTok video on the video-sharing platform.
And instead of just talking about healthy living, the Health Minister decided to demonstrate that by himself by collaborating with Uncle Raymond and dancing to his iconic dance together with him.
In the video, Mr Ong introduced Uncle Raymond as a special guest who would be leading them in their “morning exercise” before starting the dance along with other healthcare workers.
And it isn’t the first time that Uncle Raymond has been spotted collaborating with well-known figures in the community.
Just last month, he did the dance together with officers from the Singapore Civil Defence Force while visiting them at their fire station open house.
As one would expect, many netizens were left amused and surprised at the unlikely collaboration.
Most of the comments expressed their support and adoration for Uncle Raymond, while others were thrilled at the idea that he was beginning to collaborate with ministers now.
“Uncle Raymond at NDP’22 doesnt seem like a joke anymore,” one commenter even added.
- All Mr Bean Outlets in S’pore Are Now Officially Halal-Certified
- Man in China Filed for Divorce After Finding Out All His Daughters Are Fathered by Wife’s Lover
- Woodlands & Pasir Ris Have Just Become ‘Million-Dollar’ HDB Estates
- Casino Employees Unhappy With $10 Salary Increment So They Took MCs Instead
- Johnny Depp Starts TikTok Account After Defamation Win & Got 10m Followers in 2 Days
Featured Image: TikTok (@ongyekung)
iPhone users’ CPF savings are safe from Malware scams…but not for long. Here’s why:
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant
- Man in S’pore Forced to Pay $2,000 Cancellation Fee After He Clicked on FB Ad Offering Loans
- Here’s Why Both PAP & WP Reject PSP’s Call to Suspend Iswaran as an MP & Remove His Allowance
- Everything About the Public Transport Price Hike That’ll Start from 23 December 2023