A truck driver was transporting two heavy metal pillars when they made a dent in the driver’s seat. It even caused the front portion of the truck to almost detach from the trailer.
Here’s everything you need to know about it.
Metal Pillars Transported By Truck Driver Strikes And Deforms Front Portion of Truck
On Friday (16 Dec), a truck driver got a reminder that death is almost always just one wrong move away.
When the incident happened, he was driving a truck along Bukit Timah Road around 6 pm to transport two metal pillars.
When the truck driver braked, the two metal pillars he was transporting moved forward and struck the front portion of the truck.
The impact of the two metal pillars striking the front portion of the truck caused the front portion of the truck to deform and almost detach itself from the trailer at the back.
Fortunately, the driver is safe. No pedestrians or road users were reported to have been injured by this accident.
Talk about a brush with death.
Metal Pillars Even Made A Dent In Driver’s Seat
And that’s not all.
The sheer impact of the two metal pillars striking the front portion of the truck caused the driver’s seat to become dented.
Fortunately, the metal pillars did not pierce through the front portion of the truck and into the driver’s seat. If not, this won’t just be a news story; it’ll be a Final Destination movie.
A 75-year-old resident living nearby shared that he heard a loud noise when the accident happened. It was only when he went downstairs to find out what had happened that he saw the accident scene.
He added that the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) and ambulances were also at the scene.
The truck driver shared that the accident happened after he braked at the traffic light.
“After I stepped on the brakes, the two pillars in the back moved forward and struck the front part of the car,” the driver said.
This accident could have been a fatal one as well.
With the extra slippery roads this month due to the rain spells brought along by the Northeast Monsoon, driving conditions are less than perfect. So, do drive safely and take the necessary precautions.
- Woman Bought Baskets from Ikea S’pore That are Allegedly Infested With Insects
- Over 28K People Have Signed a Petition to Seek Justice for Cat Being Thrown from Boon Lay HDB Block
- 27YO Driver Died in Woodlands Road Accident During Heavy Downpour
- People Are Buying Medicines in S’pore to Send to Their Relatives in China
- 2 Bubble Tea Products Recalled for Having Unpermitted Food Additive
Featured Image: Lianhe Zaobao
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day