A 27-year-old driver passed away after getting involved in a fatal traffic accident.
Here’s what happened.
Fatal Car Accident on Woodlands Road
On Friday (16 Dec), a fatal car accident occurred at 4:32 pm on Woodlands Road, heading towards Kranji Road.
The weather conditions weren’t great. With the rainy weather we’ve been experiencing for what seems like a monsoon season lasting forever, that day wasn’t any different.
It was pouring, and a silver car collided with a van in the rain.
The 27-year-old male driver of the car was sent to the hospital, where he was subsequently pronounced dead.
Fortunately, the 61-year-old female driving the van did not lose her life.
Front of Silver Car Was Completely Dented
The front of the silver car, driven by the deceased, appeared to be dented entirely, with the hood loose.
The airbags in front of the driver’s seat and passenger seats in the silver car were also deployed, giving us an idea of just how violent the impact was.
Further, the front of the van was damaged on its right side. The 61-year-old female driver was fortunate to have survived such an impact.
When the accident occurred, roads were slippery due to the rain.
Investigations Currently Ongoing
The police and the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) confirmed that they were alerted to the accident involving a car and a van at around 4:30 pm on Friday.
Both drivers were taken to the Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.
The 27-year-old driver of the car was unconscious when he was sent to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. The 61-year-old female truck driver was conscious when she was sent to the hospital.
Investigations into the accident are currently ongoing.
A String of Traffic Accidents in Recent Months
Our news sites have been plagued with news of traffic accidents recently.
With the cold and wet weather here to stay, thanks to the Northeast Monsoon, roads will continue to be slippery, and driving conditions will be less than excellent.
Even in the rain, we hope all drivers take the necessary precautions to drive safely. You can turn on your headlights and check your tyres before going up the causeway for your JB trip.
Want to feel the wind in your hair on a motorbike in Phuket? Sure, but remember to drive safely as well.
- Taiwanese Actress Kelly Chang Spotted Selling Papaya in Weird Outfit
- Boy Who Threw Cat Down Boon Lay HDB Flat Explained Why He Did That
- Malay Family Beat Up Food Delivery Rider Who Sent Bak Kut Teh to Them
- Woman Bought Baskets from Ikea S’pore That are Allegedly Infested With Insects
- Over 28K People Have Signed a Petition to Seek Justice for Cat Being Thrown from Boon Lay HDB Block
Featured Image: Lianhe Zaobao
Your parents are wrong: MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) is good for you (sort of). Here’s the truth:
- Study Shows S’pore Residents Are Eating More Calories, From 2,360Kcal to 2,410Kcal
- Everything About the Additional S$1.1 Billion Support Package & What You’d Receive
- Bukit Panjang Has Just Joined the Million-Dollar HDB Resale Club
- 4 Foreigners Charged for Working as Food Delivery Riders Illegally
- Everything About the Harvest Moon in Singapore on 29 Sept, The Last Supermoon in 2023