It’s not easy to make a baby nowadays.
No, not the process of making one, but bringing him up. And that’s because it’s expensive as hell.
Well, now you can rest easy liao. Or at least easier because you can now buy an 800g tin of milk powder for under $40.
Einmilk, Milk Formula Powder Made in Singapore
Owned by AE Solutions and manufactured by SMC Nutrition, Einmilk is a locally made product that was launched yesterday (30 May 2017).
It ranges from $19 to $22 for a 400g tin of milk powder and between $33 and $39 for an 800g tin. A far cry from the usual prices of milk powder found today.
The company said that its products fulfil the standards set by the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) and the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). Oh, did I mention that it’s halal as well?
Available Both Online and Offline
At the present moment, Einmilk is selling their stage 2(6 months to 1-year-old), stage 3(1-year-old and onwards), and their lactose-free milk powder online at Shopify and Facebook.
They’re not allowed to sell their stage 1(0-6 months) online under the Sale of Infant Foods Ethics Committee Singapore’s code of ethics.
Their products can also be found at U Stars supermarkets, including the stage 1 milk formula.
Their reason for choosing this supermarket is because most of their stores are in the heartland areas.
They might put their products in more stores if there is a demand for it.
Leveraging on Singapore’s Brand
Their strategy is to leverage on the brand of Singapore. Namely, how the entire country takes our food seriously.
And you have to admit, it really makes sense. Given how strict Singapore is about food safety, wouldn’t it just make you more confident in the product?
There’s a Hokkien saying here: ai qi, ai pee, ai dua liap nee. (Want cheap, want good, want the best value)
FairPrice Looking Into Making House-Brand Milk Powder
Einmilk isn’t the only one taking the opportunity to enter the market.
FairPrice has also told the media that it is looking at ways to bring in cheaper milk powder. In fact, they are also considering developing their own house-brand of milk powders for Singaporeans.
If things continue, we might at least see one huge bulk of baby expenses going down.
Time to make more babies liao!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Love this “baby” article? Then you might be interested in these as well!
- Please Make More Babies, Coz FairPrice is Giving Parents of Babies Born in 2016-2019 $100 Worth of Products
- Here’s What will Happen if You Leave Your Baby Pram Unattended in a Carpark
Feature Image: straitstimes.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day