If you have visited Malaysia in the past month or so, when the ringgit is at S$1 is to S$3.35, good for you.
If you have not done so, it is a pity that you won’t be able to buy cheaper food than your neighbour who went to JB last month.
Previously, it was even expected that the ringgit would fall to RM3.35 to RM3.45 range against the Singapore dollar if ringgit volatility rises sharply and the Singapore dollar remains resilient.
Watch this video to find out more:
Ringgits Now Soar as the Next PM is Now Confirmed
Upon the announcement of the new Prime Minister, Mr Anwar Ibrahim, on 24 November 2022, Malaysian stocks jumped the biggest in over two years.
In addition, the ringgit shot up to 1.7 per cent to 4.50 against the United States Dollar (USD) and 3.27 against the Singapore Dollar.
There were few trades for Malaysian assets this week as investors wanted to wait for an announcement on Malaysia’s new Prime Minister.
“It is certainly a relief to get clarity and some certainty on the leadership, especially from someone with the charisma and proclivity to bridge differences to build a government,” said Mr Vishnu Varathan, head of economics and strategy at Mizuho Bank in Singapore.
Many companies have also signalled that they would support Mr Anwar as their new prime minister instead of Muhyiddin Yassin.
The Next Steps for Anwar
Mr Anwar’s reformist Pakatan Harapan will lead the next government after being elected by Sultan Abdullah Ahmad Shah.
“The people should not be burdened by endless political turmoil, as the country needs a stable government that will boost the economic landscape and national development,” said the palace.
Mr Anwar will have to address soaring inflation and slowing growth while calming ethnic tensions. He also has to negotiate agreements with lawmakers from other blocs to ensure he can retain majority support in Parliament.
The most important thing he has to settle would be the budget for next year.
Investors will also be looking out for who is the next finance minister they want to know if there will be any changes to the budget tables by the previous governments.
- Haidilao Initially Offered Discounts Based on PSLE Grades But Removed the Promotion Shortly
- S’pore-Based Flash Coffee Also Reportedly Laying Off People
- Confirmed: Anwar Ibrahim Will Be Malaysia’s Next Prime Minister
- Driver Went MIA After Crashing into Bus Stop at River Valley Road
- Woman Tried to Pay $5 Online Deposit for Cleaning Service But Over $4,300 Were Deducted Instead
Featured Image: Wikipedia & Zai Di / Shutterstock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake