Anyone who knows me knows that I am an aficionado of avocados and I am not the only one—I am looking at you, millennials, hipster and anyone who has good taste in food.
This versatile fruit can be made into smoothies, guacamole and if you’re super lazy like me, you can just eat it on its own!
But before you can revel in its creamy goodness, you have to remove the gargantuan pit which can be a bloody affair (at times) if you have butterfingers.
Just when all hope is lost, the avocado gods bless us with this:
Don’t panic guys, the phallic-looking thing is actually an avocado but without the seed!
Named the cocktail avocado, it is the slimmer version of the original, measuring about 5cm to 8cm long.
It is being sold in the United Kingdom by British retailer Marks & Spencer in 149 outlets, the Straits Times reported.
Do expect to fork out more cash for the seedless avocado as it goes for $3.60 per pack.
Oh, did I mention that the skin is edible as well?
I can imagine the Queen giving it a thumbs up!
Oh Jesus, when will this arrive in Singapore?
Not anytime soon as M&S agronomist Charlotte Curtis mentioned that the company has got only a limited amount of the fruit for the season.
How is it seedless though?
Oh, didn’t you know avocados are asexual? I am just kidding—according to a report in The Guardian, the cocktail avocado is the result of an unpollinated blossom which is then cultivated into a seedless fruit.
It is grown in Spain and only available during December.
I think we have to wait a very long time till it hits our shores.
For now, we still have to approach with caution when dealing with the full-size version.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- You’ll want to eat avocados daily after knowing these 10 benefits it has
- The Fav Food That Millennials Like During a Date is…Quite Exp
- 9 Facts About LlaoLlao’s Return & Its Attack on Yole
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: instagram.com/marksandspencer
Worker’s Party just agree with PAP on something, but there’s another reason why they did that. Watch this to the end and you’ll understand:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant