Everyone relates to the idea and goal of owning your very first home, where you are free to decorate and buy whatever you like to make yourself feel happy …
So imagine the absolute nightmare it must be when you unlock the doors to your safe space only to realise that it has been completely ruined by strangers that took everything from you.
Former Mediacorp actress, Sharon Au, spoke on Instagram about how her apartment in Paris was broken into by burglars on Wednesday (11 May).
Paris Apartment Had Everything Taken By Burglars
On 30 April, the 46-year-old’s apartment in Paris was broken into.
According to the Instagram post by the former actress, Au said the burglars took “everything” she loved in her apartment, and that she had nothing now.
View this post on Instagram
From Au’s post, the only witness that was present for the burglary was her pet cat, Rudon.
Rudon is a kitten adopted by Au in France in 2020.
According to Au, Rudon was alone in the apartment when the burglary happened and is “traumatised” as well by the whole incident. Still, the cat did not end up running away and instead, waited for Au to come home.
“Even the slightest sound startles (Rudon) now,” said Au.
It took Au 11 days to write the post without crying, continued her caption.
“Starting from zero. Again. This is life.”
Support from Fellow Local Artistes
Since Au has made her post, other well-known local Mediacorp artistes have left their comments and show of support for Au.
Popular Mediacorp actress, Chantalle Ng, has commented that she was glad Rudon waited for Au to come home despite the harrowing experience.
Meanwhile, actors like Andie Chen and Romeo Tan have commented that they were glad Au was safe from the incident and asked what they could do to help.
Not Her First Burglary in Paris
According to TODAYOnline, this was not Au’s first run-in with burglars in France.
In 2018, Au’s backpack and laptop were stolen when the Airbnb she rented at was broken into while she was away.
Au had moved to Paris after resigning from Mediacorp because she wanted to start afresh.
Since being burgled the second time round, Au had quit her job as an investment director in a private equity firm in Paris.
- S’pore Influencer Allegedly Asked for Puppy of Her Choice in Exchange for 2 IG Posts
- Woman Saved Duck From Being Eaten by a Large Python at Bukit Timah Forest
- Lim Tean Posted New Video, Claiming Complainant Often Borrowed Money from Him & is a ‘Drunk’
- 1 of the Trainee Lawyers Who Cheated in Bar Exam Has Spoken Out; Said He Was in ‘Ill Health’
- Activist Gilbert Goh POFMA-ed for FB Post About Woman Struggling With 3 Meals a Day
Featured Image: Instagram (@sharonau13)
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use