High-end motorbike dealers have adjusted their prices for their high-end bikes, as the budget restructured the Additional Registration Fee (ARF) for expensive bikes. Now, the more expensive the bike was, the more expensive it is now (???).
A refresher on the change: the ARF is now tiered, and any bike with an Open Market Value (OMV) higher than $5,000 will be susceptible to 2 new tiers. Subsequent $5,000 beyond the first $5,000 will incur a 50% ARF, and anything beyond that will have a 100% ARF. Bikes with OMV of $5,000 or below will remain at the 15% level.
This means that super expensive bikes will cost way more, up to an increase of more than $27,000, in the case of Ducati’s costliest model, the Superbike Panigale R. This bike used to cost $76,000 as of last month, and after adjustment now costs $103,800.
That is only a little more than some small cars out there.
I can’t claim to understand how exactly these final prices are calculated, but hot damn that is expensive.
According to the Ministry of Finance, this change was designed to deal with the rising trend of motorcycle buyers buying more expensive bikes. When compared to the similar scheme in 2013 for high-end cars, it is expected that motorcycle COE premiums would fall, at least in the short term, as it did for cars back then.
It is also noteworthy that more than half of current motorcycle buyers would not need to pay any more than they would have before this change, so if you’re looking to buy a bike, you’re probably not affected. And if you are, you’re probably too rich to care.
Featured Image: yahoo.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 7 New Rules You Have to Know if You’re An E-bike User or Planning to be One
- Everything You Need to Know About S’pore Budget 2017 in 60 Seconds
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 10 Facts About Crash Landing On You, The 2nd Descendants of the Sun That Everyone's Talking About
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- MOH Uses Some High-Tech Testing & Found Out There’s a Link Between the 2 Church Clusters
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 6 Hidden Gems in Yishun That Even Yishunites Might Not Know About