It has finally happened. The first arrest related to the popular gaming app, Pokemon GO.
The Police were called down to Plaza Singapura on 14th August 2016 to settle a dispute between a car driver and a pedestrian at the car park entrance.
In a statement released by the Police on August 16, the dispute arose from the popular gaming app, Pokemon GO.
Man Played Pokemon GO When Crossing the Road
Investigations revealed that the pedestrian was playing Pokemon GO on his mobile phone while crossing the road. – channelnewsasia.com
The car driver allegedly sounded his horn at the careless pedestrian. They got into an argument which led to physical violence between the two men.
It was reported that both men were arrested on the scene. For the offence of affray (or public order offence), both face up to a year in jail or a fine of $5,000.
People Making Nuisances of Themselves in Their Bid to Catch ‘Em All
The Police have added that they have noticed several instances of people crossing the road without care for personal safety (read: walk as though it’s their grandfather’s road), parking inconsiderately (and posting on social media about how LTA officers are unreasonable) and being inconsiderate in public.
Police’s Advisory for Pokemon Trainers
Be aware of your personal safety when out looking for Pokemon. You should play in pairs or as a group to ensure your personal safety.
• Watch where you are walking, be aware of your surroundings and do not walk out onto roads without looking.
• Do not play the game and drive any vehicle or ride any personal mobility device at the same time. You cannot do both safely.
• Do not trespass onto restricted areas and private properties. Do not take pictures of restricted areas.
• Be aware that you are potentially sharing data with others; there could be potential criminals who may seek the opportunity to lure victims to their fake “Pokestops”.
• Educate your children to stranger-danger at “Pokestops”.
• Never reveal your personal information and watch out for fake apps or cheat tools. Cyber criminals can access your personal data to commit fraud or hack into your phone with viruses and malware.
This May Be Boring, But It Bears Repeating
Here’s one advice for all aspiring Pokemon trainers: losing a Pokemon gives you a chance to catch it again. Losing your life won’t.
Why Presidential Election 2023 Will Start from June 2023 After President Halimah’s Announcemen:
Pokemon GO Has Already Claimed Its First Victim in S’pore: A Honda Car
Pokemon GO Players Fill Up Parking Lots at Hougang Ave 10, Challenges Resident to Call The Police
Featured Image: channelnewsasia.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Here Are The “Outrageous” Accusations Made Against Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road
- Higher Risk of Haze & Warmer Weather in S’pore Expected For Jun to Oct 2023
- Uncle Ambushed Cai Png Stall Owner On His Way to the Toilet For Giving Too Little Chicken
- Woman Panicked & Pleaded Profusely After Caught Stealing Toilet Paper; Netizens Divided over TikToker’s Actions
- S’pore Influencer Ghosted Thai Eatery After Free Meal; Later Claimsed It’s a Misunderstanding
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee