Just last week, I wrote an article on how Singaporeans work long hours but they are super unproductive as well.
You can read it here.
Go download the Goody Feed app so you won’t miss out on our interesting articles.
With that said, we are not the only ones who work long hours.
Our parents (and sometimes, even our grandparents), more often than not can be seen leaving the house at the crack of dawn and coming back home after dusk.
Sometimes I get weary thinking about it and hope they get to retire in due time.
A 64-year old Uber driver, Mr Wang Yongqing, suffered a cardiac arrest on 28 Sep
Unfortunately, he died later at the hospital, reported The Straits Times.
It was believed that he was picking up a passenger when he suffered a cardiac arrest. The police were alerted at 7:02 pm to a call for assistance along Airport Boulevard.
An ambulance came to the scene—Changi Airport Terminal 2 (towards East Coast Parkway).
He was brought to Changi General Hospital but sadly, he passed away.
According to Shin Min Daily News, he and his brother, Mr Wang Yongshun, lived together.
The victim juggled two jobs—driver for construction workers by day and Uber driver by night.
He would end his day job by 5 pm and then he would drive for Uber, till the wee hours of the night.
The long hours of work started taking a toll on his body, as he experienced fatigues prior to his cardiac arrest.
A spokesman for Uber Singapore told the Straits Times that they are extremely saddened to hear about this tragic incident and their thoughts are with the deceased’s family at this time.
They are also ready to cooperate with the authorities in their investigations.
It is very disheartening to hear stories like these, especially at that age, when you’re supposed to live a slower life. The next time we see our parents, it wouldn’t hurt to check up on them and see how they are doing.
It would mean nothing if you have all the money in the world when you don’t have any loved ones to share it.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Search No search term specified. Showing recent items. Search or use up and down arrow keys to select an item. Soon, You Cannot Smoke Unless You’re 21 Years Old
- This Uber/Grab Car Used a ‘Monash University’ Sticker to Cover His Decal #LikeaBoss
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Feature Image: straitstimes.com
Worker’s Party just agree with PAP on something, but there’s another reason why they did that. Watch this to the end and you’ll understand:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant