What’s the similarity between someone who walks past a smoker and a tourist who takes to the internet to insult the country that he visits?
They both get smoked.
A Romanian tourist by the Tiktok handle Ucancallmehubby has vividly expressed his disgust towards Singapore online in a viral video, and netizens aren’t fond of it.
The man, Mario, is said to be a creator on the Onlyfans platform. In light of this incident, the only fans that he’s going to be having are those that blow him away.
Ucancallmehubby’s Scent Sentiments
The first problem raised by Mario was the lack of smoking areas. “Where the f*** should I smoke, where?”
Adding on he criticised that “it smells terrible everywhere, like garbage”.
Lastly, he brought up that people in the nation “don’t use perfume”, saying that “you’ve to walk a few miles to find a good perfume.”
Isn’t it ironic to advocate for smoking and good smells at the same time? It’s like me going to McDonald’s and saying I want to lose weight: you can’t satisfy both needs at the same time.
When you think of Singapore, you think of a clean and green garden city: lush, vibrant, conducive. Whatever she is, she’s definitely not “dirty as f***”.
In Mario’s vulgarity-laden rant, he insulted Singapore’s image by accusing that “(we) pretend (we) have a f****** clean country”, but in fact “the country isn’t clean, it’s dirty as f***.”
Directing the camera towards the Singapore River, he ridiculed the colour of the water in not only the river but the entire nation, saying that “All the rivers and lakes are this colour, and the sea is exactly the same colour.”
According to a Time Out Index survey in 2021, Singapore was voted the cleanest and greenest city. So much for “dirty as f***”.
If you thought that was the end of it, you’re wrong.
The last thing done by this man was the mocking of accent and head movements of an Indian 7-Eleven cashier.
Mario was upset that he had been given menthol instead of the slim cigarettes that he wanted. On video, he mimicked the replies of the cashier with contemptuous head shakes.
While still shaking his head, he proclaimed, “Thank God I’m leaving Singapore tomorrow because I’m going to have a mental breakdown.”
Backlash and Aftermath
Undoubtedly, he faced heated backlash.
Some lambasted him for his comments while others expressed relief that he was heading back to his nation. In a stitch to the original clip, a user even replied “if you think Singapore stinks, seems like you stink, your attitude stinks.”
“You guys are many years behind europe!” he mocked, replying to the netizens.
Upon further investigation, however, Mario apparently once had love for this nation. In a clip in May, he proclaimed his love for Singapore at the Palawan beach in Sentosa while enjoying the time there with company.
Well, I guess love is complicated?
You can watch the video here (the original video has been removed but of course…nothing ever gets removed completely from the Internet):
View this post on Instagram
- S’pore Couple Managed to Raise $3 Million from Crowdfunding to Pay for Baby’s Drug
- Sim Lim Square Reportedly Going Through a Revamp to be a 24-Hour Dining & Entertainment Hub
- 218 NTU Students Have to Retake Exams As Someone Uploaded Them in Their Learning Platform
- Everything That’s Known About the Istanbul Explosion So Far
- ‘Spirit Medium’ Accused of Molesting Devotees & Assistants in his Bukit Panjang Flat
Featured Image: Tiktok (Ucancallmehubby)
- Dee Kosh Lost 20Kg While in Jail & is Now Health-Conscious
- Here’s Why US Lawmakers Want TikTok to be Banned in the US, Simplified for You
- Loan Sharks Are Also Facing Manpower Crunch & Are Recruiting on Telegram
- Minister Said There Are Early Signs of Rental & Resale Property Slowing Down
- Boy Tripped Over Hole in Sengkang Playground & Might Suffer Permanent Damage