I just read an article on the DTL breakdown this morning and now I’m writing this.
Anyways, the LTA is reminding Singaporeans about the early closures and later start time for the MRT system this month.
Here’s what you should know:
Changes to operating hours
East-West Line (EWL)
All 35 stations along the line will be affected.
This includes the stretch from Tuas Link to Pasir Ris, and from Tanah Merah to Changi Airport.
They will close earlier and open later on all weekends as well as selected weekdays.
Here are the specific dates:
- Early closures at 10.30pm on Monday (12 Mar) and Wednesday (14 Mar).
- Early closures at 11.00pm on Fridays and Saturdays (2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31 Mar)
- Late openings at 8.00am on Saturdays and Sundays (3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31 Mar and 1 Apr)
Sengkang-Punggol LRT (SPLRT)
On the mornings of 11 and 25 of March, there will be a one-direction selected loop closure on the Sengkang LRT.
The same will happen on 4 and 18 March for Punggol LRT.
The affected stations will have only one platform open for service from 5.30am.
The other platform will open from 7am onwards.
The need for closure
Of course lah, if ‘bad’ things happen to us, we must always find out why.
According to LTA, the reduction in operating hours can “double engineering and track access time” for the engineers to speed up this whole resignalling work process that has been ongoing since the beginning of time.
No, I’m just exaggerating because it literally feels like forever.
Apparently, they have managed to bring the completion date forward by six months.
So instead of tahan-ing until end of this year, we should be able to see the results sometime in June.
Well, we shall see.
According to LTA, commuters can expect “shorter waiting times” and “increased capacity” when the works are completed.
On the other hand, the closures on SPLRT is to allow more time for maintenance and replacement of the power rail, signalling-switch machines and cables.
You know, all the technical stuff.
This will boost the loop’s reliability and make your journey more comfortable.
Don’t you worry about getting around the island.
Shuttle bus services will be deployed along the EWL.
Shuttles 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 8, will run parallel to stretches of the EWL and stop at designated pick-up and drop-off points located near the MRT stations along the stretch.
Two express bus services, Express 5 and Express 12, will provide bus service to the city.
Here’s the list of the shuttle services:
For those who want to change between EWL and DTL, you can take Express 13 and 15.
1. Express 13: Between Bedok and Bedok North (both bounds) for the eastern sector; and
2. Express 15: Between Clementi and Beauty World (both bounds) for the western sector.
If you’re still lost, here’s a really detailed calendar:
Hang in there people, LTA promises ” shorter waiting times and increased capacity”.
We shall find out!
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 7 Important Things About Budget 2018 You Need To Know Beside GST Hike & Angbao Giveaway
- Chinese Version of Produce 101 Season One May Have JJ Lin and Jolin Cai as Instructors
- Guy So Obsessed with Girl, He Stole Her Keys & Stole Her Bra
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: The Straits Times
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day