Rejoice! Waffletown has finally announced its return, as promised on the sign announcing its departure one year ago.
Lovers of the fried chicken and waffle combination living in the East will be delighted to know that it is officially opening near Clementi.
Got A Whole Lot of History
Last year in May, Waffletown at Balmoral Plaza closed down after an iconic 21 years of catering to diners craving their Clucky Lucky fried chicken, or their monumental fried chicken with waffles.
A popular hangout, it was a Western-style diner that was a local favourite of the students that went to the schools around the area, or the families that live around Balmoral Plaza.
The closure was apparently due to “rental problems”, and the unit that Waffletown used to occupy has now been taken over by a Fairprice Finest outlet.
Back And Better
After a one-year closure, the Western food restaurant is back, at a mall named NEWest.
Right now, however, Waffletown is still in its soft launch stage, and will only officially open on the 31st of May.
The soft launch stage entails only a limited menu, so some of the favourite menu items may not be available yet – but they will be soon enough!
Old-school fans of Waffletown may be glad to know that the iconic plastic orange chairs and the tables have been retained for the old-timey, back-to-the-80s, diner vibe that they are so famous for.
The opening hours of the new outlet were announced to be from 11.00am to 9.00pm from Tuesday to Sunday, but were revised to be from 5.00pm-9.00pm instead due to a shortage of manpower.
The new store location will be at 1 West Coast Drive, #01-106, NEWest, 128020, near Jurong East and Clementi MRT.
Did you know? Another outlet of Waffletown in Asia is actually in Pyongyang, North Korea, established under the name Samtaesong (Three Big Stars) since 2009, and has now spread to five dine-in eateries and over 20 takeaway outlets.
- Thai Café Stopped Selling Drinks in These Bags Due to ‘Sensitive Issues’
- Health Minister: Monkeypox Might Eventually Reach S’pore But Unlikely to be a Pandemic
- Woman Proudly Showed Off her ‘Rules’ for FDW But It Backfired Online Instead
Featured Image: Facebook (Waffletown)
Your parents are wrong: MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) is good for you (sort of). Here’s the truth:
- Study Shows S’pore Residents Are Eating More Calories, From 2,360Kcal to 2,410Kcal
- Everything About the Additional S$1.1 Billion Support Package & What You’d Receive
- Bukit Panjang Has Just Joined the Million-Dollar HDB Resale Club
- 4 Foreigners Charged for Working as Food Delivery Riders Illegally
- Everything About the Harvest Moon in Singapore on 29 Sept, The Last Supermoon in 2023