Any of you guys remember the movie, “Face/Off”? You know, the movie where Nicolas cage and John Travolta switched faces?
(Yeah, that’s the movie)
Back when I watched this movie as a kid, I was already convinced that something like this is impossible.
Then, time and technology proved me wrong. We’ve come to witness cases of real face transplants (Google is your best friend for that).
And now, fresh from China, surgeons have claimed that human trials for a “head transplant” is imminent.
If it’s true, this will truly be a medical marvel.
Surgeon Sergio Canavero, director of the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group, announced that a team led by him and professor Ren Xiaoping from China had successfully performed a human head transplant on a corpse after an 18 hour long surgery procedure.
The group of surgeons managed to reconnect the spinal cord and blood vessels of the head and body.
A report published in Surgical Neurology International reads:
“This first cadaveric rehearsal confirmed that a CSA is feasible and without compelling impediments to abandon the operation”
CSA is a abbreviation for Cephalosomatic anastomosis, which means head or body transplant.
Can you believe it, guys? Something we once thought only possible in Sci-Fi movies might be coming true.
In a Facebook post last Friday (17 Nov), Professor Sergio Canavero mentioned that the first head transplant on living patient is “imminent”.
According to the report, the next stage of the surgery involves a “full rehearsal on heart-beating brain-dead organ donors to replicate the actual operation in a live patient”.
This may be exciting news, but I do agree that we’ve got to take things one step at a time. After all, we wouldn’t want to get “AHEAD” of ourselves, right?
(I’m sorry, I’ll show myself out)
On a serious note though, let’s hope the surgical procedure goes well for all parties.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Singaporean Died After A Lipo Surgery In India. Here’s What You Should Know
- #ThirstyThursdays: This Hot Animal Doctor Will Make You Want To Volunteer At SPCA
- How to Get Double Eyelids Naturally Without Plastic Surgery
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: Facebook
- Everything About Perplexity AI, The ChatGPT-Like Search Engine That’s a Real Threat to Google
- 10 Facts About Drain Flies, The Small Flies That Are Always in Your Toilet & Bathroom
- Why People Are Making Friendship Bracelets Ahead of Taylor Swift’s Concert
- Everything About the South Korea Doctors’ Protest So Far
- What Chan Chun Sing Said About Having Israel-Hamas Conflict Contents in MOE CCE Materials
- 2024 Has a 29 Feb. Here’s What a Leap Year is & Why It’s Needed
- Everything About Swiftonomics, Whereby Taylor Swift’s Presence Can Impact Local Economics
- “Haunted” ChatGPT Spat Out Gibberish & Nonsensical Responses for Hours This Week
- 5 Facts About The Legality of Sky Lanterns in Singapore