Wild Boars are quite commonly sighted in Singapore. From being seen around the halls of Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to the market at Bukit Panjang, it’s almost like they live amongst us.
But to see one in the middle of the road?
Wild Boar Stuck in Road Divider at Punggol Road
Someone recently posted a TikTok video of a wild boar being stuck in a fence in the middle of the road along Punggol Road.
It was unable to pull the other bottom half of its body out after diving headfirst into the fence.
It is not shown how exactly the wild boar got itself stuck in the fence in the first place.
NParks to the Rescue
Despite numerous efforts to get itself out of the predicament, it was still unable to dislodge itself from the fence.
After what seemed like an eternity for the boar, National Parks Board (NParks)’s personnel arrived at the scene.
In a separate video captured by the TikTok user, an NParks employee can be seen holding on to a long stick, which is presumably a Blowdart, and walking towards the wild boar.
🐗🐗🐗 Part 2
The employee then blows into the Blowdart and puts the boar to sleep through the use of a tranquilizer dart.
Upon being sedated, NParks employees can be seen on both sides of the fence trying to free the boar, which they eventually did.
The on-site veterinarian stated that after the wild boar was freed, multiple wounds could be seen on its body.
In an interview with Mothership, How Choon Beng, the director of Wildlife Management and Outreach at NParks confirmed that the boar was sedated with a tranquilizer dart and freed.
Euthanised Due to Multiple Injuries
However, despite being freed from the fence, the wild boar was euthanised on welfare grounds after another NParks veterinarian deemed the animal to be in poor condition due to the injuries.
The injuries sustained by the boar were probably due to it trying to free itself from the fence prior to NParks’ arrival.
The public is reminded not to handle injured wild animals on their own, and to report incidents to NParks’ 24-hour Animal Response Centre at 1800-476-1600.
- Influencer Shows That Some MRT Station Staff Will Give Masks If You Forget to Bring One
- Mercs Driver Allegedly Sped Off With $334.50 Worth of Live Seafood Without Paying
- S’pore Car Allegedly Used Bus Lane in Causeway & Ignored M’sia Police
- YouTuber Did Video About S’pore That Has Wrong Info That Can Be Googled Easily
- False Ceiling Collapsed in Woodlands Dormitory After Thunderstorm, Injuring 2 Migrant Workers
Featured Image: TikTok (@joylynlow)
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant