For these two men, their fate changed drastically within the first hour of 2022.
Migrant Worker Charged for Killing Man With Wooden Plank Embedded With Nail in Woodlands
On 1 Jan 2022, 26-year-old Paneer Vetrivel got into a dispute with 37-year-old Rajendran Shanmugasundran around a dormitory in Woodlands Industrial Park.
As the argument become more heated, the 26-year old Indian national picked up a wooden plank embedded with nails and hit the 37-year-old in the head.
The fight happened near 20 Woodlands Industrial Park E1 between 1am to 1.25am.
At 1.25am, the police were alerted to the fight and found Mr Rajendran lying motionless on the ground when they’ve reached.
Mr Rajendran was unconscious when taken to the hospital, where he later died.
Mr Paneer was arrested and remanded for further investigations. Today (2 January 2022), he was charged with voluntarily causing grievous hurt by a dangerous weapon in a special sitting of Criminal Mentions Court.
His case is expected to come up in court again this Friday (7 Jan).
If convicted, Mr Paneer can be jailed for life and caned, or jailed for up to 15 years, caned and fined.
Other Incidents This Year
Last year, there were various similar violent incidents that led to a death as well, and one of the incidents involved a couple living at Ang Mo Kio. After a violent dispute, both the man and woman were sent to the hospital.
The 51-year-old man passed away from his injuries and the woman was charged with murder. The woman was the man’s third partner from Vietnam as he had two wives before her.
Before the violent dispute, the couple were constantly fighting and quarrelling.
In another similar case that occurred on 13 July 2021, a man was arrested for stabbing a 46-year-old man to death in Punggol. When the police arrived, the 46-year was unconscious outside the unit, and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected, who was arrested for murder, had multiple injuries on him as well. Both men knew each other.
During the dispute, loud banging and shouts from the unit could be heard in the afternoon.
- Fireworks During New Year Stopped Immediately After Stray Projectile Hit HDB Block in Ubi
- Indonesian Claimed He Was Paid to Take COVID-19 Vaccine Jabs for 14 People
- Thailand Won AFF Suzuki Cup for the Sixth Time With a 2-2 Score in The Second Leg
Featured Image: Google Maps
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Revisiting the Cat Ban in Singapore: Why Some of the HDB Reasons to Ban Cats Don’t Make Sense
- Why People Are Talking About a Woodlands Void Deck That’s Been “Sealed Off”
- 34YO Woman & 3-Week-Old Infant Found Dead at Foot of Ghim Moh HDB Flat; Second Such Incident in a Month
- Popular Tian Tian Lai Nasi Lemak Has Closed Down After 22 Years
- 10 Places to Experience Snow This Christmas in Singapore
- Police Investigating “Man in Woman’s Dress” Who Force Opens MRT Train Door & Lies At Station
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat