Refuse to pay over $100 to watch all the World Cup matches at home?
Don’t want to spend $30 on drinks and overpriced potato chips just to watch a World Cup match with unruly people?
Well, the Government has heard you.
You Can Watch World Cup Matches for Free in CCs, ActiveSG Sport Centres, National Library Building & Sports Hub
Lest you’re so young that you weren’t born in the last World Cup, hear this: this isn’t new.
In the past, community centres have screened World Cup matches before, and those are usually a hit: after all, it’s free, you won’t need to buy any drinks and there’s one near your house.
Mr Edwin Tong, Minister for Culture, Community and Youth and a diehard Manchester United FC fan, said in a Facebook post that there would be 65 locations across Singapore that will screen World Cup matches for free.
They comprise 58 community centres, five ActiveSG sports centres, the National Library Building’s Plaza and the Singapore Sports Hub.
For example, the opening match between Qatar and Ecuador on 21 November at 12am will be screened at 24 community centres and five ActiveSG Sports Centres.
Just so you know, because the World Cup takes place in Qatar, matches start from 6pm, 9pm, 12am or 3am, so you might need to take a Grab home if you’re going for the early morning matches.
In the venues, there would also be E-sports, mini-football challenges, Subbuteo and Foosball table games, and some would have live performances and prize giveaways.
So what does this mean?
Don’t worry, COVID-19 is really over.
- Don Don Donki Opening New Outlet in Jurong Point from 17 Nov
- Here’s Elon Musk’s First Email to Twitter Employees That’s Highly Unpopular
- Daughter Held Wedding in Thomson Hospice for Her Dying Father
- Couple in China Got Married at 94 After Being Separated for 70 Years
- Lai Wee Kiat Involved in New Saga For Paying $25 for an Explicit Image from a 15YO
Featured Image: Facebook (Edwin Tong)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Popular Old Lai Huat Seafood Restaurant In Farrer Park Closes Down After Operating for 60 Years
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day
- SFA Looking Into Viral Video of a Twitching Rat on a Tray of Food at Tangs Market
- Still Have Unused CDC Vouchers? You Can Soon Donate Them to Charities
- Rental Scams Have Resurfaced, With Scammers Proactively Messaging Tenants
- Koufu Issues Warning to SGH Vegetarian Food Stall Owner After Viral Incident
- S’pore Job Fair in JB Saw 2,500 M’sians Applying for 300 Job Openings in S’pore