So there’s this poll done by Jetcost.co.uk that makes me feel uncomfortable.
Apparently, nearly 80% of British people feel that obese people should pay more for their flight ticket.
I know right? (fuming)
I understand that there may be times where someone of a larger size sat next to you on the plane.
That, we can’t choose. The airline did.
It is also understandable that these passengers take up more space than others.
But I just don’t get why anyone would want to charge them more.
Steve Miller, a TV presenter and speaker on weight loss, said that this charging system could encourage them to lose weight.
“If you’re morbidly obese then it’s only fair that you pay more money – if someone else has been responsible and looked after their health, why should they subsidise someone else who weighs more.”
To me, that’s just bullshit.
That’s like saying someone is short because he/she didn’t play enough basketball and they have to pay more.
I think they’re overlooking a very important fact: Not all who “looked after their health” are slim.
Similarly, not all who are slim are healthy.
A spokesman from Jetcost.co.uk said that by having a separate area on the plane for plus-sized passengers can help to make sure “the flight is comfortable for everyone”.
They can sit comfortably in their larger seats and do not have to worry about what the person beside them feels.
On the bright side, there’s some who thinks otherwise.
Dr Sally Norton, an NHS consultant and weight loss expert said that we should ‘support’ them to lose weight and not segregate them and make them feel uncomfortable.
Personally, I think it’s kind of a dumb idea to ‘categorise’ people based on their size.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 6 ridiculously simple and useful tips that save 10% to 30% when you book your airline ticket online
- Secret Hacks to Booking Cheap Flights You Probably Didn’t Know Of
- Strawberry Lvl 99 or Bobian Situation? Dad Called Police ‘Coz Boy Repeatedly Called His Daughter Fat
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: Air & Space Magazine
Latest posts by Jia Hui (see all)
- American Eagles Outfitters Announced They’re Leaving S’pore By End Feb - February 23, 2018
- Everything About Taiwan’s Ban on Plastic Items like Straws or Cups in 60 Sec - February 23, 2018
- Aaron Kwok Promised to Give Angpows to Everyone When He’s Married. Now He’s Married. - February 22, 2018