Last weekend, a series of videos went viral and all of a sudden, some of us understood why we’ve not been receiving our regular mails.
Here’s the video in its entirety if you’ve not seen it (the original ones have been deleted; this is a re-upload:
The tl;dv (too long; didn’t view) version: a SingPost postman was caught red-handedly throwing away letters. He admitted to it, and made these arguments:
- He has 2,600 mailboxes to take care of (1:28)
- He (his supervisor or SingPost) isn’t fair to him (1:39)
- He wanted to visit a doctor as his leg was in pain (1:43)
- His “chief” isn’t fair to him: there are too many mailboxes and he isn’t getting paid for OT (2:26)
Well, these are pretty strong allegations, although he could have made them under pressure.
Now, to be fair to him, he did apologize repeatedly, but what’s done is done.
SingPost has since fired the postman, and now, according to Stomp, they have refuted his claims:
“The postman was responsible for mail delivery to two condominiums, which collectively have about 2,300 units. This distribution and his working hours are in line with the average for our full-time postmen.
“Our records indicate that he has not previously raised any concerns about his work environment nor health issues; this is the first time he has mentioned this.
“The postman joined SingPost on 1 October 2015. Our disciplinary directive stipulates that discarding mail items is a serious failure of duty, which will lead to immediate dismissal.
“In this case, the postman has admitted that he threw away return letters and direct mail.
“We review our postman assignments regularly, based on volume and routing among a number of factors, and will redeploy our postmen for overall operational efficiency as well as in consideration of their individual performance.
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
“We are working on harnessing technology to gather more operational data in real time to enable greater optimisation of routes and assignments.”
In other words, the number of mailbox under a postman’s care is 2,300 and not 2,600, and that is apparently the average a full-time postman handle.
There was, however, no update pertaining to this incident in SingPost’s Facebook Page.
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Postman Caught Red-handedly Throwing Away Mails & SingPost Has Fired Him
- A SingPost Outlet Just Got Robbed this Afternoon (8 Feb). Here’s What You Should Know
- Man Made Noise After SingPost Lost his iPhone; SingPost then Refunded ‘Out of Goodwill’
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured Image: Facebook (SBS – Sure Boh Singapore)
Almost 80% of our contents are app-exclusive (i.e. you can’t find in our website / Facebook): Click Here to Download the App!
Latest posts by Low Kay Hwa (see all)
- 6 Facts About Smartphone Radiation, The Forgotten ‘Danger’ That Used to Be a Talking Point - October 18, 2018
- Cockroach Milk Could Be Sold As a ‘Super Milk’ in The Near Future - October 17, 2018
- Tip on How to Remember Lessons Easier Based on Science - October 12, 2018