A 77-year-old man has died after being hit by a taxi on Bishan Street 22 on Friday (2 December).
According to his niece, the 77-year-old was on his way to take a bus to pick up another niece in Yishun at 6 am.
The man was crossing the road slowly when a taxi hit him, causing him to fly almost 10 metres from the impact.
“We have yet to find his house key,” said his 44-year-old niece in an interview with Shin Min Daily News.
The collision caused his belongings to be scattered all over the ground, which could explain the lost belongings.
The niece also revealed that her uncle has always been in good health, so the news was unexpected to her.
He was also supposed to spend Christmas with the family and was meant to have dinner on the day of the incident.
Despite so, the niece does not blame the taxi driver and urges drivers to be more cautious.
The 67-year-old taxi driver has been arrested, and police investigations are still ongoing.
14YO Passed Away After Being Hit By BMW Last Month
Just last month (November), a 14-year-old also passed away from a major collision with a BMW car in Punggol.
The impact caused him to fly and land a distance away. According to witnesses, the teen was covered in blood and was too injured to speak.
He was sent to the hospital but succumbed to his injuries three weeks later.
Increasing Road Accidents
The number of fatal road accidents has increased by 25 per cent from 80 in 2020 to 100 in 2021.
The amount of injured people from traffic accidents has also increased from 6,669 in 2020 to 7,184 in 2021.
Jaywalking was the main reason for most of these numbers, with half of the fatal cases coming from it.
The punishment for first-time offenders of reckless driving or dangerous driving is imprisonment of up to 12 months or a fine of $5,000 or both.
For repeat offenders, they can expect imprisonment of up to 2 years or a fine of up to $10,000 or both.
- Netizens Slammed Mum Who Got Her Child to Eat Fruits Instead of Cake on His Birthday
- There’s Going to be a Clinic in S’pore That Aims to Slow down Ageing
- Review of Ice Magic: The Great Fantasy on Ice, the Biggest Winter Playground in Singapore
- Review of Glamping in the Clouds in Jewel Changi Airport
- Jack Neo’s Daughter, Who Was Looked Down by Her Teacher, Won an Entrepreneur Award
Featured Image: Shin Min Daily News
Your parents are wrong: MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) is good for you (sort of). Here’s the truth:
- Study Shows S’pore Residents Are Eating More Calories, From 2,360Kcal to 2,410Kcal
- Everything About the Additional S$1.1 Billion Support Package & What You’d Receive
- Bukit Panjang Has Just Joined the Million-Dollar HDB Resale Club
- 4 Foreigners Charged for Working as Food Delivery Riders Illegally
- Everything About the Harvest Moon in Singapore on 29 Sept, The Last Supermoon in 2023