If you’ve driven on the road in Singapore, you may have noticed these tall poles with lights flashing in three distinct colours, one at a time.
Rumour has it that these strange structures, along with signposts, are meant to help traffic flow and prevent accidents from happening.
But many drivers view these structures and signposts as a sovereign might look at a face mask: a puzzling object whose purpose remains mysterious.
One such driver, behind the wheel of a red Audi, nearly slammed into a pedestrian after beating a red light in a video that has since gone viral.
And now it appears that the close shave has not gone unnoticed by the authorities.
Viral Video Led to Arrest of Audi Driver Who Nearly Hit a Lady at Lentor Ave
A 34-year-old has been arrested for his suspected involvement in dangerous driving, in connection with the viral video.
The police were alerted to the video at 3:30pm on 30 Dec and launched investigations soon after. Their investigations led them to the 34-year-old driver and he was apprehended.
The man’s driving licence was also suspended immediately and investigations are ongoing.
The incident in question occurred at a road crossing in Lentor Avenue on 30 Dec. Footage of the incident appears to have been taken from the dashboard camera of another vehicle in the area.
In the video, the dashcam car slows down as it approaches a traffic light that is red. As is usually the case, this gives pedestrians an opportunity to cross the road without getting run over, which is nice.
One such pedestrian could be seen crossing the road at this time while using her phone.
Just as she was about the reach the other side, however, a red Audi comes out of nowhere and whizzes past the girl, missing her by three hairs.
The girl is startled at first, but carries on as if a pigeon had just flown past her.
Can Be Jailed Up to 12 Months
If convicted of dangerous driving, the man can be jailed for 12 months, fined $5,000, or both.
A second or subsequent offence carries a two-year jail sentence and a $10,000 fine.
Those found guilty could also be disqualified from driving all classes of vehicles.
The authorities said the traffic police will not hesitate to take firm action against motorists who disobey traffic laws and endanger the safety of other road users.
So if you see a signpost or one of those strange structures on the roads with lights flashing, pay attention to it.
- MOH Made Police Report After Healing The Divide Group Urged People to Disrupt Child Vaccine Centres
- 5 Must-Know Updates from 5 Jan’s COVID-19 Press Conference
- Telegram Job Scams Are Now Raging in Singapore; Here’s How It Works
- Influencer & Former Xiaxue’s BFF, Yan Kay Kay, is Now a Property Agent
Featured Image: Facebook (Beh Chia Lor – Singapore Road)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Revisiting the Cat Ban in Singapore: Why Some of the HDB Reasons to Ban Cats Don’t Make Sense
- Why People Are Talking About a Woodlands Void Deck That’s Been “Sealed Off”
- 34YO Woman & 3-Week-Old Infant Found Dead at Foot of Ghim Moh HDB Flat; Second Such Incident in a Month
- Popular Tian Tian Lai Nasi Lemak Has Closed Down After 22 Years
- 10 Places to Experience Snow This Christmas in Singapore
- Police Investigating “Man in Woman’s Dress” Who Force Opens MRT Train Door & Lies At Station
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat