If you were a die-hard fan of the Die Hard films back in the day, Bruce Willis is probably no stranger to you.
Willis, 67, largely known as the lead actor in the Die Hard films and for his work on Moonlighting, has officially retired from his acting career after being diagnosed with aphasia.
Various members of his family, including his daughter, Rumer Willis, took to Instagram recently to announce Willis’ retirement from acting.
View this post on Instagram
In the posts, Willis’ family revealed that “Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities.
“As a result of this and with much consideration Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him,” they explained.
After thanking their supporters for their support and assuring them that they are coping with the current situation, the caption ended off with: “As Bruce always says, ‘Live it up’ and together we plan to do just that.”
The statement was signed off by various members of his family, including his ex-wife actress Demi Moore, to whom he was married for 23 years.
Why Bird Paradise Suddenly Became Singapore’s Yishun:
What Aphasia Is
For those who don’t know, aphasia is mostly caused by damage to the left brain. Since the left brain is responsible for understanding and producing language, those who suffer from aphasia struggle greatly with their language and speech.
It is most commonly seen in individuals over the age of 65, and some common causes of aphasia include a stroke, severe head injury, a brain tumour as well as progressive neurological conditions such as dementia.
Known for being an action film actor since the 1980s, Willis was known for his work on not only the Die Hard films, but also other movies like Pulp Fiction, The Fifth Element, The Last Boy Scout, Twelve Monkeys, The Sixth Sense, Looper and Moonrise Kingdom.
He also worked in TV and family comedies, with one of his most iconic roles being a baby that he voiced on Look Who’s Talking and Look Who’s Talking Too.
As a singer (bet you didn’t know that), he released three albums and also made his Broadway debut in 2015.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
In the past few years, Willis starred in films such as Reds and The Expendables, and also had roles in seven films that were released in 2021.
As of now, three films featuring Willis have been released this year.
In addition to that, eight more films that star Willis have also been completed, and are slated to be released in 2022 and 2023.
This means while he has retired, you’d still be seeing him for the next two years.
- Everything About Moon Knight, The New MCU Series That Just Dropped on Disney+
- Johor Minister Said All Counters in Checkpoints Will be Open on 1 Apr But Jams Are Still Expected
- YPs Caught Speeding with PMDs at Over 70 kmh on Road & Cursing at Driver
- MTI Confirms That Travel Insurance is No Longer Needed for People Going to M’sia
- Cyclist Allegedly Slapped Hearing-Impaired Woman at Sengkang ‘Coz She Didn’t Give Way
Featured Image: PAN Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”