A 50-year-old man is charged with murder today (18 November 2022) of a 27-year-old woman in a ground floor unit at Beach Road.
His identity was unclear back then, but it is certain of who he is now.
Man Who Killed Missing Woman in Beach Road Shop is Also a Director in Woman’s Company
Mr Caleb Joshua Chai Shanmugam, 50, is accused of killing Ms Ang Qi Ying, 27.
Mr Chai’s lawyer said that he was charged at Changi General Hospital with the murder, but was unsure of why he was at the hospital.
Both of them were co-directors of a renovation company called Smart Click Services.
The company is registered to an address at Peninsula Plaza and they were directors from 1 October 2021. However, the work office appears to be in Beach Road.
Late last month, they even organised a crowdfunding campaign to renovate a family’s burned house.
It was organised by Caleb and Rachael (Ang).
Recap of the Incident
Ms Ang disappeared on 9 November 2022, which resulted in her family finding out her whereabouts.
Her last text was at around 7.20 pm that day, informing her mother that she would not be returning home. Shortly before that at 7 pm, she informed her mother that she is on the way home.
Five days later, her loved ones received the news that she was found dead at the coffee shop.
A memorial service was held for her at Block 154 Woodlands Street 13, and she was subsequently cremated at Mandai Crematorium on 15 November 2022.
Mr Chai fled to Malaysia and was caught and brought back to Singapore.
Singapore Police Force asked the Royal Malaysia Police for help and he was detained in Malaysia on Tuesday before being handed over to our authorities.
If found guilty, offenders will face the death penalty.
The case has been adjourned to Nov 25.
- Different JCs Allegedly Treated Error in A-Level Exam Differently With Some JCs Giving Students More Time
- Husband in China Divorcing Wife As Their 5th Child is Still a Daughter
- These Are The 45 Best Places to Work in S’pore in 2022 & Big Tech Firms Are Not in the List
- Disney Rep Reportedly Confirmed That Disneyland Malaysia is ‘Fake News’ & ‘Purely Speculative’
- GrabFood Delivery Rider Tries to Online Shame Rich People But Got Slammed Instead
Featured Image: Singapore Police Force & Shin Min Daily
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024