Nowadays, it’s getting more difficult to find someone who truly does good for others.
I’m sure we know of someone who loves to talk about how they sacrificed a Saturday to do some charity.
And of course they have to put it up online to tell the whole world how kind-hearted they are.
They sound a bit like these people:
That’s just how life goes lah.
I mean, that’s the whole point of compulsory
Community Involvement Programme Values-In-Action right?
So you can guess I was pretty surprised when I saw a good deed being carried out willingly.
Right here in Bukit Batok, not only do we have Goody Feed bringing good news to people, we also have a coffee shop doing good deeds!
Located in Bukit Batok East Avenue 4, De Tian Coffee Shop makes helping others so much easier.
Got S$3.50 to spare? You can help to buy a meal for someone in need.
Here’s the poster spreading the good news:
Here’s how it works
In case you need it, here’s what the poster says:
1. Buy food and tell stallholders that you want to belanja (pay for) a meal.
2. Pay for the extra meal at S$3.50 and receive a coloured magnet
3. Stick the magnet onto the board in front of the drink stall for those (in) need to redeem
You can choose to ‘sponsor’ these meals: Mixed Veg Rice, Indian Food, Western, Fish Soup, Chicken Rice, Prawn Noodle, Malay Food and Seafood.
This system is meant to help those who were “identified by Bukit Batok East Zone 2 RC”.
So if you’re thinking of abusing the system, you may want to think again.
If you’d like to support this effort, head on down to Block 265 Bukit Batok East Ave 4, #01-405, Singapore 650265.
It doesn’t take up much of time, simply pay and go!
Or if you’re eating there, why not just help someone else at the same time?
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- S’pore Flyer Still Grounded: Past Delay Lasted for a Month
- Don’t Say Bojio: 1 for 1 Drinks (Include Ice-cream Meltdown) in Swensen’s (Till 4 Feb)
- Don’t Say Bojio: Tong Garden Warehouse Sale Now Happening (Until 11 Feb 2018)
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: Stomp
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day