Car-hailing apps have made our lives much easier, with just a few taps on your smartphone, you will be able to grab yourself a ride.
Soon, you would be able to do that for buses as well!
Last year, LTA explored on-demand public bus services, giving the power to the commuters where they can request pick-ups and drop-offs at any bus stops within an operating area.
Pretty cool, eh!
The first phase
Now, the first phase is set in motion as they awarded $466,194.50 to two companies, US-based transport company, Via and local startup company, SWAT.
In the press release, it mentioned that the first phase will involve the said companies coming up with a software of sorts that will allow buses to be deployed according to real-time commuter demand.
Something like Uber or Grab.
They will also be testing out the simulations to demonstrate and improve the service standard and resource requirements, allowing LTA to determine the operational trial parameters.
For the second phase, bus operators will test and calibrate the software which will be carried out in the third quarter of 2018.
In the fourth quarter, operational trials will commence.
The trials might take place inc Joo Koon, for bus 253, 255 and 257; Punggol North/West, for bus 84 and 382 and Shenton Way/ Marina South for bus 400 and 402.
According to the LTA, the aforementioned areas have low demand during off-peak hours and this new service would benefit commuters.
While the project is still in its infancy stage, it is still very exciting!
Soon, waiting for a bus for 20 minutes during off-peak hours will be a thing of the past!
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Did a Video About 2 Men Quarrelling in MRT Garner 1 Million Views in 2 Days?
- Here’s Why Trains Are Moving Slower Near Raffles Place MRT Station During the Peak Hours
- M1 Collaborating with a Bike-sharing Firm to Curb Errant Bike Parking
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: imranahmedsg / shutterstock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day