Wow boy, what perfect timing. Especially since BlueSG’s car sharing service will be rolling out this December.
(That’s brave of them, considering how bikes are being treated in Singapore)
BlueSG Pte Ltd announced that 30 charging stations and 80 electric cars will be rolled out progressively back in September.
In an agreement with LTA to develop a car sharing programme in Singapore, a total of 1000 electric cars will be deployed in stages.
They plan to eventually roll out a total of 500 charging stations with 2000 charging points, with 400 charging points meant for public use.
(Why did this image even come to my mind?) (E/N: Good question, YJ)
The first 30 charging stations (120 charging points) will be located in a range of parking lots.
- 18 stations will be located in housing estates such as Bishan and Punggol
- 10 stations will be located in city centre and cityfringes
- 2 stations will be located within industrial and commercial estates in one-north and Science Park
The charging stations will adopt a European charging interface: the type 2 charging standard.
It is compatible with both single-phase and three-phase power supplies, allowing the public to tap on these stations if their vehicles comply with such standards.
For those of you who are too lazy to read the chunks of info I’ve written:
It’s basically just like bike sharing lah. Just that instead of bikes, it’s cars. Capisci?
If you really want to know the specifics, here’s a link to BlueSG’s website.
I really hope this is the beginning of something wonderful.
Since you can’t possibly dump the cars into drains like oBikes, I don’t think we need to worry about people giving up the car as an offering to the Long Kang god anytime soon.
But hey, if you’re devoted enough, maybe you can drive the car into the Long Kang. This way, you might be able to meet your Long Kang god in person.
(Shhh. I sure hope so, Darwin)
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Couple Who Threw oBikes into Canal Voluntarily Surrendered to Police
- There Could Soon Be Driverless Vehicles On The Roads… And That Worries Me
- E-scooter Going at 60 kmh Hit Boy Who Suffered a Concussion
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: channelnewsasia.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia