For some, travelling overseas might be a scary prospect.
After all, you’d be trapped in a metal cylinder with wings many kilometers up in the air; who’s to say nothing would happen?
A method of coping is to bring a soft toy or something that comforts you.
For one man, he took bringing a sentimental object to a whole new level.
The best part?
It wasn’t even his.
Cat Discovered Inside Luggage that Passed Through X-ray Scan at New York Airport
On 16 November 2022, a cat was discovered hiding inside a suitcase at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport.
The Transport Security Admission (TSA) agent that noticed the outline of the cat in the suitcase immediately stopped it from being transported into the aircraft luggage hold.
We’re letting the cat out of the bag on a hiss-toric find. This CATch had our baggage screening officers @JFKairport saying, “Come on meow”! Feline like you have travel questions reach out to our furiends @AskTSA. They’re available every day, from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. (ET). pic.twitter.com/LpIkLbAgzC
— TSA (@TSA) November 22, 2022
Here comes the plot twist.
A Whole Misunderstanding
Not only did the cat not belong to the traveller, the traveller was not even aware of the cat’s existence.
“Traveller said the cat belonged to someone else in his household,” Farbstein explained.
New York Post tracked down the owner of the cat, Alix, and she said that the cat (named “Smells”) must have crawled into their house guest’s bag while she was at work. She didn’t realise the orange tabby cat was missing until she got a call from an airport official.
Airport authorities were ready to arrest the man for smuggling the feline and put him on the No Fly list.
However, Alix reassured them that it was just an accident.
“Our cats really like to check our bags and boxes and apparently one of them climbed into his suitcase,” she said.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
The owners, Alex and Alix, have posted the experience on Instagram, with Alex creating a highlight titled “Smells and TSA” and Alix making one titled “Smells’ Story”.
On one of the videos, it shows Smells climbing into the luggage out of its own will, explaining how the entire incident came about.
We all thought that it was an uncanny occurrence, but now we know it was all purr-fectly normal.
- Civil Servants Receiving Year-End Bonus of 1.1 Months’ Salary on Top of 13th Month Bonus
- Pet Owner Claims Yishun Vet Broke Her Bunny’s Leg Which’ll Require $5K Surgery
- 10 Facts About Anwar Ibrahim, The Next Malaysia Prime Minister
- The 6 Australian Teens Caught Shoplifting in Orchard Given Warnings & Are Back in Australia
- S’pore Giving Free ART Kits Again Due to the Festive Season
Featured Image: The New York Post + TSA
- Dee Kosh Lost 20Kg While in Jail & is Now Health-Conscious
- Here’s Why US Lawmakers Want TikTok to be Banned in the US, Simplified for You
- Loan Sharks Are Also Facing Manpower Crunch & Are Recruiting on Telegram
- Minister Said There Are Early Signs of Rental & Resale Property Slowing Down
- Boy Tripped Over Hole in Sengkang Playground & Might Suffer Permanent Damage