The Charles & Keith Girl is going places.
Well, maybe not her, but her story is going places, from overseas media to now, a politician’s reference.
Here’s what DPM Lawrence Wong said about the saga.
Even DPM Lawrence Wong Spoke About the Charles & Keith Luxury Bag Saga
Today (16 January 2023), DPM Wong spoke at the Singapore Perspectives Conference organised by the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS).
The conference is an annual event to engage participants in debates and discussions about public policy challenges in Singapore.
A few politicians would be invited to speak about various issues. For example, last year, a few notable guests included former foreign minister George Yeo, Health Minister Ong Ye Kung and National Development Minister Desmond Lee.
This year, guests include Education Minister Chan Chun Sing and DPM Lawrence Wong.
This year’s theme is about “Work”, whereby participants would discuss about how technology could affect our jobs.
And as DPM Wong was speaking about why there’s a need to shift perceptions about what “good jobs” are since these are subjective, he used an example how people tend to compare things “for the wrong reasons”.
Yes, you know where this is going.
He said, “We saw this recently when there was a social media debate about luxury bags
“And what is deemed ‘branded’? I mean, if you have not been following the debate, then just go online and google ‘Charles & Keith’.”
He agreed that there will always be temptations to compare, and sometimes these could “help drive healthy competition and a desire to learn and improve.
“But sometimes the comparisons are motivated by the wrong reasons and shaped by the desire to acquire status and social privilege.”
He then added, “We are each blessed with unique gifts and talents. There is no need to compare with others.”
Well, if anything, we most probably would be seeing a new TikTok video from zohtaco.
- Ultimate Guide to the Opening Hours of All Supermarket Chains During CNY 2023 Period
- Every Good Thing That Has Happened Since Teen Called Charles & Keith Bag Luxury
- For CNY 2023, You’ll Lose Your Pants if These 4 Chinese Zodiacs Are The Dealer in Blackjack
- Chicken Rice Stall Allegedly Refused CDC Vouchers As Machine Wasn’t Working
- 3 Teenagers, 1 of them Only 13, Stole a Car-Sharing Service’s Car & Got into an Accident in Yishun
Featured Image: Facebook ((Institute of Policy Studies – IPS) & TikTok (@zohtaco)
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant