Remember the knife-wielder that got shot in the arm by the police?
More details have been uncovered, and it is now alleged that he had slashed a man before going to the police station.
Wait, Who Got Shot?
If you didn’t read our previous article on this, here’s a TLDR (too long didn’t read): a man wielding a knife charged toward a police officer in front of Clementi Police Divisional Headquarters, and the officer shot the man in the left arm.
You can watch the viral video here:
It is now revealed that the man is Soo Cheow Wee, aged 49, and he has just been charged with assault and criminal intimidation.
Full Timeline Of What Happened
Soo has allegedly slashed a 41-year-old man with the knife near Block 420A, Clementi Avenue 1, at around 8:40pm on 17 February. The victim suffered injuries to his right arm and wrist, and was conveyed conscious to the hospital.
Preliminary investigations by the police also show that the 41-year-old and Soo did not know each other.
Soo then arrived at Clementi Police Divisional Headquarters in Clementi Avenue 9 via a taxi, at around 8:55pm. The police officers on duty approached the man while he was shouting incoherently.
He refused to comply when officers instructed him to drop the knife, and allegedly charged toward a 20-year-old man.
Court documents don’t reveal the occupation of the men, but the 20-year-old is most likely the police officer if we corroborate with the videos.
Since the officer’s life was in danger then, he fired one shot at the man’s left arm with his service revolver. Soo was then detained by officers and was attended to by paramedics.
Soo suffered a gunshot wound to his left arm, and was conveyed conscious to the hospital in a stable condition.
Charged For Criminal Intimidation and Assault
Soo was charged on 18 February with one count each of criminal intimidation and assault.
He will be detained for psychiatric observation at Changi Prison Complex Medical Centre, and will stand before the Court again on 11 March.
If he is found guilty of slashing another man with the knife, Soo can face a jail term of up to seven years, as well as caning or a fine.
- Former Pizza Hut President to Take Over as CEO of NTUC FairPrice
- Student Lost 30kg in 4 Months After Finding Out That Her BF Was Having an Affair With Her Best Friend
- Ah Girls Go Army Has Made $2 Million & Its Sequel Will be Out in June as Jack Neo Plans to Shoot More Scenes
- There Are Still No Plans for a Second Booster in S’pore Yet
Featured Image: Facebook (Singapore Laughs)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake