Last Updated on 2022-01-27 , 7:28 pm
With the Chinese New Year season coming up, authorities have urged condominium security to step up their security and surveillance measures in order to ensure that COVID-19 safe management measures are abided by.
Wait, what about those of us living in HDBs?
Er, the government never say lah. But read between the lines, yea?
Besides the regular measures such as each household only having five distinct visitors a day and social gatherings being limited to five people maximum, the Building and Construction Authority released a letter of advisory to enforce certain rules specific to those living in condominiums.
Particulars of All Visitors Should Be Recorded
Instead of one person poking their head out and giving the security guard your name and handphone number as you drive in, this year’s CNY visiting will look a little different.
If you’re visiting your relatives and friends staying in condominiums this year, you’ll need to ensure that everyone’s particulars are recorded by the condominium’s Management Corporations (MCSTs).
Posters and Notices to Remind Residents of SMM
“MCSTs are also advised to display posters and notices at prominent places to remind residents to comply with SMMs,” the advisory mentioned.
Well, with those posters around, there’s really no reason to forget or not know about the SMMs in place.
Lion Dance Not Allowed
Although Lion Dance may be a highlight of many family’s Chinese New Year, condominiums will not allow Lion Dance in units or common areas if the ceremony includes caiqing.
Caiqing, a portion of Lion Dance where the performers pluck the green lettuce for the lion to “eat” it before “spitting” it out to the audience, is said to spread blessings and good fortune.
So if you’re intending to hire a lion dance crew, do make sure in advance that they won’t be performing caiqing!
Despite the fact that these measures may seem like a downer during the festive season, it is ultimately necessary for us to ensure everyone’s health and safety, especially since COVID-19 cases have been on the rise lately. Here’s to good health and prosperity for everyone in the year ahead!
(Of course, the advisory letter doesn’t mean that you don’t need to follow SMM if you live in an HDB flat ok.)
- Gardens By the Bay Has 4-Metre-Tall Disney Characters for the Gram
- Red CNY Renoma Briefs Back for You to Huat During CNY Ban Luck Sessions
- 10 Facts About Bak Kwa Before You Binge-Eat Them During CNY
- Punggol Has a Hidden Ticketed ‘Dinosaur Park’ By Uncle Ringo That Will be Open During CNY
- Doctor Linked to Iris Koh Now Charged with a More Serious Offence That Could Mean 20 Years’ Imprisonment
Featured Image: Fandistico / Shutterstock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day