As drivers, we sometimes see funny occurrences happening on the road.
But this takes the cake.
Cyclists Appeared to Purposely Tailgate Container Truck on West Coast Highway
Three cyclists were seen on West Coast Highway following the truck in front of them very closely.
Although it is not illegal to cycle on the highway, there was plenty of space on the other lanes, but the cyclists continued to follow behind the truck.
This video was recorded and posted on TikTok on 9 September 2021, which is about a year ago.
It recently went viral again after it was reposted on Facebook:
Reactions From Netizens
While it is unsure of why they are doing so, some netizens have concluded that they might be trying to shield themselves from the heat.
Others say that it is simply thrilling to do so as the truck can block the wind and create air resistance for cyclists.
Other netizens were also worried as this could bring potential danger if the truck suddenly brakes.
Similar Incidents in The Past
Unsurprisingly, this was not the first time that cyclists decided to go viral for the wrong reason.
Earlier in June 2022, a large group of cyclists were seen on Telok Blangah Road at night. They hogged almost the entire bus lane, which forced the bus to stop and wait for the cyclists to pass.
This could potentially bring danger to themselves and the motorists on the road.
Another incident occurred in April 2022, when a cyclist hit a woman who just walked out of the gates of her condominium. The cyclist was going at a very fast speed.
- MOM Strongly Encourages Firms to Implement 4-Day Workweek & Flexible Work Arrangements
- There’s a Singaporean CEO & Lawyer Who Has Debuted in the K-Pop Scene
- 3 McDonald’s Drive-Thru Having ‘F1 Pit Stop Crew’ to Polish Your Wheels While You Wait for Your Food
- MTI Responds to India’s Move to Impose New Tax on Rice Exports
- Teen Caught Trying to Force a Cigarette into a Cat’s Mouth in HDB Void Deck
Featured Image: Wikimedia Commons & @joebob556 / TikTok
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Revisiting the Cat Ban in Singapore: Why Some of the HDB Reasons to Ban Cats Don’t Make Sense
- Why People Are Talking About a Woodlands Void Deck That’s Been “Sealed Off”
- 34YO Woman & 3-Week-Old Infant Found Dead at Foot of Ghim Moh HDB Flat; Second Such Incident in a Month
- Popular Tian Tian Lai Nasi Lemak Has Closed Down After 22 Years
- 10 Places to Experience Snow This Christmas in Singapore
- Police Investigating “Man in Woman’s Dress” Who Force Opens MRT Train Door & Lies At Station
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat