For all of you dog lovers out there, I have some disturbing-turned-happy news for you.
According to The Straits Times, Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) was going to run a dog circus show next year in February to welcome the Year of the Dog.
It was cancelled within one day after tickets went on sale, as it received criticism online for being “cruel” and “unethical”.
Sistic posted the event on their Facebook page on Friday. The show was said to be “the first and only dog circus from China”.
It was supposed to include “breathtaking Kungfu diabolo, ring stunts, fun acrobatics, giant balloon acts, bubble show and funny clowns acts”.
Ticket prices ranged from $68 to $108. 3 shows were scheduled to run on Feb 16 and 17.
In response to the show, an online petition was started to call for a ban on it.
It was led by Ms Summer Ong and addressed to RWS, Sistic and the organiser of the show, HE Productions.
A message was circulating online to ask people to sign the petition.
“Please sign this petition. It is to ban a china dog circus from performing in Singapore for CNY 2018. Using animals for entertainment, especially in circus, is a severely outdated, cruel, and unethical practice. Having to chance upon this news online; to first-hand witness Resorts World Singapore bringing in an animal performance act and promoting animal cruelty is outrageously appalling and extremely disappointing. Please sign and share if you can!”
The link to the online petition can be found here.
When the petition closed on Saturday afternoon, it received 7236 signatures.
This is just one day after Sistic posted about the event on their Facebook.
My heart is full.
Sistic updated their Facebook post and announced that the show is cancelled, saying that it had stopped ticket sales for the event.
“Thank you for your messages and comments. Please be assured that we take your concerns very seriously,” Sistic said. “We will continue to provide updates as soon as they are available.”
The link to the event has been removed from the site.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Man Ordered Foodpanda & Allegedly Got His Order Cancelled Without Refund
- GrabHitch Driver Immediately Cancelled Ride After Realizing Passenger is a Guy, Not a Girl
- RWS Halloween Event Publicity Stunt Gone Wrong, Triggered Sensitive Netizens
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: change.org
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too