Doraemon is a character that is nostalgic to most of us and has been a huge part of our childhood.
It is now time to relive your childhood memories as the first Doraemon Exhibition outside of Japan is coming to the National Museum on 5 November 2022.
The exhibition showcases how your favourite Japanese characters originated from manga and touched the hearts of many people. You can also explore the past, present, and future of Doraemon and there is even a contemporary art show to showcase drawings by the late creator.
Whether you are young, or young at heart, this exhibition is perfect for you and your loved ones.
Doraemon Exhibition, the First Outside of Japan, Opening in S’pore from 5 Nov
Have you ever wondered what is the inspiration behind Doraemon and how it was created? At the MANGA DORAEMON Original Drawings Exhibition, you can find more than 70 drawings and sketches by the late creator, Mr Fukiko F Fujimoto.
This marks the very first public showcase of Mr Fujimoto’s inventive and formative illustrations outside of Japan.
Apart from the drawings, you can experience selected highlights from the Doraemon the Movie series. You can interact with a reproduction of Mr Fujimoto’s desk in his workroom— where he created many Doraemon drawings.
You can also get a glimpse of the manga production process, with insight from Mr Fujimoto to understand the creative process behind the iconic Doraemon.
Another main highlight of the exhibition is the “Create Your Own Original Doraemon” section, which features contemporary artworks by 28 leading Japanese artists to create their own version of Doraemon.
Two Singaporean artists were also specially commissioned to create their unique version of Doraemon for the Singapore edition of the exhibition.
Doraemon-Themed Cafe and Exclusive Merchandise Shop
Apart from the exhibitions, you can also expect a Doraemon-themed cafe
experience at the Basement Gallery Foyer to grab a bite if you are hungry.
Enjoy a Singapore-exclusive Dorayaki set inspired by the character’s favourite
snack as well as other snacks imported from Japan.
If you hope to purchase some souvenirs after the exhibition, you can head over to the Doraemon merchandise store to buy collectables including tote bags, mugs, and stationery items.
Ticketing and Opening Hours
The Doraemon Exhibition Singapore 2022 will open to the public from 5 November 2022 to 5 February 2023 from 10 am to 7 pm daily.
Grab your tickets here at S$30 for adults and S$25 for children aged six to 18 years old.
- Experts Say Soon, SG$1 will be RM3.45 As SGD Continues to Grow Stronger
- M’sian Who Was on Death Row Now Walk Free Due to New Evidence During Appeal
- Grab Driver Jailed After Paying a Person $10k to Take the Rap for a Traffic Offence
- 14YO Who Was Hit by a BMW at Punggol Has Passed On After 3 Weeks in Hospital
- Man Had Nightmare About 4D Number, Bought Them & Eventually Won S$6.8 Million
Featured Image: National Museum of Singapore
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast