A 14-year-old student who was hit by a car in Punggol on 10 October 2022 passed away yesterday (2 November 2022).
He was in a coma when he was sent to the hospital but unfortunately succumbed to his injuries.
The boy had crossed the road at a pedestrian crossing in Sumang Walk on 10 October 2022, at around 11.20 am.
This incident was uploaded online by a Facebook user.
A BMW collided with the boy and he flew and landed a distance away.
The boy was taken to the hospital unconscious that day and the 24-year-old BMW driver was arrested for dangerous driving causing hurt.
Eyewitnesses Saw that The Boy Was Badly Injured
A 37-year-old eyewitness who saw the accident said that the boy was hurt badly and “he was covered in blood and was too injured to speak.”
“His breathing was also laboured. Paramedics and the police arrived shortly after,” he added.
He also stated that the traffic light was green when the boy crossed the road.
BMW Driver Allegedly Ran A Red Light, Now Under Investigations
The 24-year-old BMW driver allegedly ran a red light and did not slow down in time when the lights turned green.
Eyewitnesses told Shin Min Daily News that the driver’s hands were shaking after the accident before he was handcuffed and taken away.
He is currently assisting with police investigations.
Similar Incidents in The Past
This is not the first time a young boy was involved in a traffic incident.
A 12-year-old boy was hit by a car in Choa Chu Kang Avenue 7 on 11 September 2022. He suffered injuries on his knee and had to undergo surgery.
The boy was supposed to take his Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE) on 16 September 2022.
He was on the way to his grandfather’s house when he met with a car accident. However, he was still conscious when taken to the hospital.
He also suffered a head injury as a result.
As for his examinations, he will be using his results from the preliminary exams if he is not fit enough to take his papers.
- Haidilao New Outlet at Northshore Plaza Has Robot Servers & Auto Soup Machine
- One Punggol Hawker Centre Opened With Popular Stalls Like Whampoa Nasi Lemak & Eng Kee Chicken Wing
- Experts Say Soon, SG$1 will be RM3.45 As SGD Continues to Grow Stronger
- M’sian Who Was on Death Row Now Walk Free Due to New Evidence During Appeal
- Grab Driver Jailed After Paying a Person $10k to Take the Rap for a Traffic Offence
Featured Image: Singapore roads accident.com新加坡公路意外网页 / Facebook. com & Google Maps
- Everything About Perplexity AI, The ChatGPT-Like Search Engine That’s a Real Threat to Google
- 10 Facts About Drain Flies, The Small Flies That Are Always in Your Toilet & Bathroom
- Why People Are Making Friendship Bracelets Ahead of Taylor Swift’s Concert
- Everything About the South Korea Doctors’ Protest So Far
- What Chan Chun Sing Said About Having Israel-Hamas Conflict Contents in MOE CCE Materials
- 2024 Has a 29 Feb. Here’s What a Leap Year is & Why It’s Needed
- Everything About Swiftonomics, Whereby Taylor Swift’s Presence Can Impact Local Economics
- “Haunted” ChatGPT Spat Out Gibberish & Nonsensical Responses for Hours This Week
- 5 Facts About The Legality of Sky Lanterns in Singapore