Our world is problematic, and the three biggest issues we can’t get rid of are:
- Global warming
- Mariah Carey’s song playing everywhere
- Elon Musk causing more trouble with Twitter
Ok, maybe the last one is possible.
Elon Musk Confirms Stepping Down from Chief of Twitter Position
Following his viral poll on Sunday (18 December) that voted in favour of him stepping down as Chief Twit, the multibillionaire has released a tweet confirming his leaving.
“I will resign as CEO as soon as I find someone foolish enough to take the job! After that, I will just run the software and servers teams,” he wrote.
I will resign as CEO as soon as I find someone foolish enough to take the job! After that, I will just run the software & servers teams.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 21, 2022
In the original poll, he asked: “Should I step down as head of Twitter? I will abide by the results of this poll.”
Should I step down as head of Twitter? I will abide by the results of this poll.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 18, 2022
After 57.5% of the 17.5 million voters chose “yes,” the online-active Musk did not immediately respond after the results were released.
Instead, he broke the silence by replying: “Interesting” to claims that fake accounts may have rigged the results. Adding on, he said Twitter would change that only Twitter Blue subscribers can vote in policy-related polls.
For those who don’t know, Twitter Blue is a subscription service that allows users to pay US$8 (~S$11) for a blue tick to appear next to their username.
Now, we finally have confirmation that Musk is stepping down.
Boon or bane?
Finding Someone Foolish Enough
Even if he were to step out the door now, there’s nobody to take his seat, nobody “foolish enough.”
As he’s announced before, “no one wants the job who can actually keep Twitter alive. There is no successor.”
Like the RI students two years back, Twitter has been flushing money down the drain. With almost US$13 billion (S$17.6 billion) of debt, it’s no wonder that nobody wants to commandeer this sinking ship.
Even Musk himself declared that “it has been in the fast lane to bankruptcy since May.”
The vote tells us that we might see the end of Musk. But what if we see the end of Twitter as well?
Until then, we can only hope for that foolish someone to take over and steer the social media platform on the right path.
- Anwar Has Officially Sued Ex-PM Muhyiddin For Defamation
- Why Salt Bae is Slammed for Touching the World Cup Trophy
- Half of the $300 CDC Vouchers We’re Receiving Next Month Can Be Used in Supermarkets
- Here’s How Much Calories Each Christmas Food Has for a Good Killjoy
- Redditor Found Out That Prices of McDonald’s in S’pore Are Actually Different Across Different Outlets
Featured Image: Elon Musk/ Twitter + Business Today
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Popular Old Lai Huat Seafood Restaurant In Farrer Park Closes Down After Operating for 60 Years
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day
- SFA Looking Into Viral Video of a Twitching Rat on a Tray of Food at Tangs Market
- Still Have Unused CDC Vouchers? You Can Soon Donate Them to Charities
- Rental Scams Have Resurfaced, With Scammers Proactively Messaging Tenants
- Koufu Issues Warning to SGH Vegetarian Food Stall Owner After Viral Incident
- S’pore Job Fair in JB Saw 2,500 M’sians Applying for 300 Job Openings in S’pore