If you use the CTE to get home every weekday, you might have been caught in a massive jam yesterday (9 Feb 2018).
Yesterday, at around 5:20 p.m., a van caught fire near the Outram exit on the CTE.
That stretch of CTE is not underground.
The fire was put out swiftly by fire-fighters who got to the scene from the opposite direction.
Images show that the fire started in the bonnet of the van and slowly spread to the entire van.
It got so strong that even the wall beside it was badly burned. According to someone living nearby, he could even hear some “explosions”.
According to the SCDF, they put out the fire within ten minutes.
Despite the large fire, no one was injured.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Just a few weeks back, a car burst into flames on a road leading to PIE, and it was understood that it caught fire after crashing against a railing.
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
Back then, the SCDF reminded drivers to do these to prevent any vehicle fires:
- Service their vehicles regularly at authorised vehicle workshops.
- Ensure that the vehicle’s electrical, engine and fuel systems are checked for any defects during servicing.
- Outside of scheduled servicing period, owners are encouraged to conduct visual checks for any sign of oil leakage.
Now, if you’re an owner of a vehicle and haven’t been servicing your vehicle for a while because it “works okay”, this incident should serve as a reminder.
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Postman Caught Red-handedly Throwing Away Mails & SingPost Has Fired Him
- 12 Facts About Travel Frog, The Mobile Game That Took S’pore by Storm
- Everything You Need To Know About The Car That Crashed Into A Railing & Caught Fire At Jurong East Ave 1
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured Image: Channelnewsasia.com & straitstimes.com
- Don’t Say Bojio: COMPLETELY FREE Flights on Jetstar (Book Before 30 Nov). We Tried Buying & It’s Legit
- Going to BKK Soon? You Need to Go to This Super Big Mall That Just Opened on 10 Nov
- Li Nanxing Became Fake Face of an Online Scam That Sounds Pretty Legit