The rain may be gone, but Singapore is still wetter than usual.
Yesterday night (Jan 16), a section of the Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) was closed for about two hours because of a burst pipe.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said that a section of the eastbound tunnel on the MCE between the Central Boulevard exit and the Marina Boulevard entrance was temporarily closed to traffic at 9.10pm.
Repair works to fix the burst pipe was ongoing while the section was closed, according to Channel NewsAsia.
“Affected motorists can re-enter the MCE tunnel via Marina Boulevard.”
The cause of the incident is being investigated.
The affected section reopened at 11.25pm.
Those taking bus service 30 operated by SBS Transit was also affected.
Please be informed that Service 30 will skip 2 bus stops along Fort Rd & Mountbatten Rd (bus stop codes 91081 & 91091) due to road closure.
— SBS Transit (@SBSTransit_Ltd) January 16, 2018
What it looked like
These were videos and photographs taken by those who were in the tunnel.
Please be careful… Water falls under the MCE tunnel… #itsnotraining #seawaterfalling
Posted by Aldoacinda Jumaat on Tuesday, 16 January 2018
Dry to wet in an instant. Sprinklers activated in the MCE tunnel. Freezing cold siaaa journey after.
Posted by Muhammad Rizuan on Tuesday, 16 January 2018
Not the first incident
Last year in May, the fire-fighting system along the MCE tunnel was accidentally activated, causing a slowdown in traffic.
Second pipe burst on the same day
Earlier on the same day (Jan 16), PUB also received a report on a pipe leak near TripleOne at Somerset Road.
Three out of four lanes were closed in the early morning and motorists were advised to seek alternative routes.
Oh well, nothing much to complain about, cos obviously no one wants it to happen. Just one more ‘interesting’ things happening to Singapore I guess.
Kudos once again to the teams for fixing the situation in no time!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 2 More Water Pipes Burst in S’pore: 1 in Serangoon & 1 in CCK
- Another Water Pipe Burst, This Time in a Mall
- Everything About the Other Pipe Burst in Bukit Batok That Caused Yet Another Water Jet
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: CNA
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death