After the viral video of worms crawling in egg trays, I am extra careful when I am buying food coz’ one can never be too careful.
But there are some people who believe that if the eatery is buzzing with flies, the food must be damn shiok—dirtier the place, tastier the food.
Well, I don’t know how true that saying is but I know for a fact that you shouldn’t eat their food if a fly lands on it.
Yes, this is backed up with something reliable, a scientific study. According to the said study, flies carry a myriad of harmful bacteria such as salmonella and e-coli.
You can read about it here.
So, now that you know what kind of degeneracy goes down when a fly lands on your food, it is time to actually visualise it.
If you lack imagination coz’ you’re jaded af like me, then let me show you a video that will make you feel alive!
Posted on Facebook, the video depicts a housefly in its natural habitat—lepaking on our food.
If a house fly sits on your food, see what happens. This video was taken from a microscopic camera. Please be real careful with food hygiene.
Posted by Sharon Lai on Tuesday, 9 January 2018
The caption of the video reads: “If a house fly sits on your food, see what happens. This video was taken from a microscopic camera. Please be real careful with food hygiene.”
What looks like the shortest horror film in the world, the fly seems to be squirting maggots like nobody’s business.
The video garnered over 1 million shares and 50k reactions as of writing time and I am pretty sure Steven Lim can’t beat that record.
It goes without saying that people were disgusted by it, and since it was claimed that it was taken via a microscopic camera, we probably wouldn’t be able to see it with our naked eye.
Someone made an interesting comment that got me thinking.
Don’t flies lay eggs? Then why is the fly in the video “shitting” maggots then?
But after scanning through the pages of Google, flies are apparently ovoviviparous.
Yes, it’s like the horror story won’t stop.
Ovoviviparity is when the eggs are hatched inside of the mother, so the next time you see a fly on your food, it might actually be going through labour!
Okay, that is enough grossness for the day.
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- We Ate Water ‘Cockroach’ & Forest Scorpion; They Tasted Good
- 5 Ways to Keep Cockroaches Out from Your Car So You Won’t Crash it at Jurong East
- Video of Moving Maggots in Nasi Lemak Fish Went Viral But Surely There’s Something Wrong There?
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: screengrab of video
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 10 Facts About Crash Landing On You, The 2nd Descendants of the Sun That Everyone's Talking About
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- Everything About the Mahathir’s Resignation Explained in Simple Terms That a 5YO Can Understand
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 6 Hidden Gems in Yishun That Even Yishunites Might Not Know About