After the viral video of worms crawling in egg trays, I am extra careful when I am buying food coz’ one can never be too careful.
But there are some people who believe that if the eatery is buzzing with flies, the food must be damn shiok—dirtier the place, tastier the food.
Well, I don’t know how true that saying is but I know for a fact that you shouldn’t eat their food if a fly lands on it.
Yes, this is backed up with something reliable, a scientific study. According to the said study, flies carry a myriad of harmful bacteria such as salmonella and e-coli.
You can read about it here.
So, now that you know what kind of degeneracy goes down when a fly lands on your food, it is time to actually visualise it.
If you lack imagination coz’ you’re jaded af like me, then let me show you a video that will make you feel alive!
Posted on Facebook, the video depicts a housefly in its natural habitat—lepaking on our food.
If a house fly sits on your food, see what happens. This video was taken from a microscopic camera. Please be real careful with food hygiene.
Posted by Sharon Lai on Tuesday, 9 January 2018
The caption of the video reads: “If a house fly sits on your food, see what happens. This video was taken from a microscopic camera. Please be real careful with food hygiene.”
What looks like the shortest horror film in the world, the fly seems to be squirting maggots like nobody’s business.
The video garnered over 1 million shares and 50k reactions as of writing time and I am pretty sure Steven Lim can’t beat that record.
It goes without saying that people were disgusted by it, and since it was claimed that it was taken via a microscopic camera, we probably wouldn’t be able to see it with our naked eye.
Someone made an interesting comment that got me thinking.
Don’t flies lay eggs? Then why is the fly in the video “shitting” maggots then?
But after scanning through the pages of Google, flies are apparently ovoviviparous.
Yes, it’s like the horror story won’t stop.
Ovoviviparity is when the eggs are hatched inside of the mother, so the next time you see a fly on your food, it might actually be going through labour!
Okay, that is enough grossness for the day.
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- We Ate Water ‘Cockroach’ & Forest Scorpion; They Tasted Good
- 5 Ways to Keep Cockroaches Out from Your Car So You Won’t Crash it at Jurong East
- Video of Moving Maggots in Nasi Lemak Fish Went Viral But Surely There’s Something Wrong There?
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: screengrab of video
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Baby Drinks 1.5 Litres Of Coffee Every Day As Parents Can‘t Afford Milk
- #FastFoodFriday: Burger King’s Bulgogi Chicken Review: More like Bugouji (不够鸡)
- Woman Suffered Terrible Rash On Body After Three Months of Working Late
- 25YO Man Avoids Peeing After Night of Heavy Drinking; Wakes Up With Ruptured Bladder
- M’sian Who Drank at Least 2 Soft Drinks Every Day Almost Loses Arm
- The Number of Times A Person Has To Poop A Day Based On Statistics